Ratings for Dr. Carla Sorbara

Carla Sorbara was my midwife for my first baby. Her personality, empathy, calmness under pressure, and knowledge made me very confident to have her in clinic, postpartum, and during labour. I plan on having her as my midwife for my next baby. She was very warm and caring. She was a bit disorganized in clinic, especially after being up at a birth the night before, but she was very organized and professional during labour. I had a student and she gave very good guidance to the student. She was very supportive and helpful during the climax of labour (pushing) but she tried to not be invasive at other times, giving me and my husband privacy and comfort. I loved being under her care!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Sorbara was the midwife of my 2nd baby. She has knowledge and she is empathetic. But each time she had to do an exam I was petrified. A torture! She is horrible. I think she really wants to check really well ( any exam before, during or after birth) that it hurts. She forgets it is a person there feeling in her body her fingers doing the exam.a student midwife checked my dilatation. All good. then sorbara did it to confirm. After the torture ,her conclusion was the same plus my water broke. she was poking so hard that cause the membrane to rupture. Also, she decided to do vaginal stretching with her fingers during the crowning. horrible, horrible!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014