Ratings for Dr. Christine Cripps

No communication with patient late 2 hours for the interview treating patient badly

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I like tat Dr Cripps is frank and does not pull any punches or try to sugar coat anything.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

My experience with Dr Cripps has been for the most part very positive

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Oncology cannot be an easy speciality for medical practitioners. It has been reassuring to be treated by someone with many years of experience and an impressive educational portfolio. I applaud and thank Dr. Cripps for her honest, no-nonsense approach to medicine.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

I have seen Dr. Cripps for a year now . I have always been treated like a file, a number, and there has been little humanity in our conversations or in her care. She is out of touch with the latest research, and seems unaware of what her colleagues are doing. I have a new oncologist now, and am in a drug trial, and have received more compassion and sensitivity in the last week, than I received all year. Despite enduring 24 heavy chemo treatments, my oncologist appointments were the dark spots in my journey over the last year. If you can figure out how to find a new oncologist, it will be worth the effort.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Have been seeing Dr. Cripps off and on since 2012 and can't understand all the negative comments! She has always been professional, courteous and always ready to answer all my questions. I have gone through 6 cancers (ear, colon, lower lung, brain, upper lung and now brain again) and she is the only Dr. that has explained everything so I can understand.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

This is definitely just a job for her - she has no compassion for her patients and will not go over and above to ensure they are receiving the best treatment plan. Dr. chripps is rude and has no bedside manners. She needs a reality check and for someone to remind her what business she is working in and what people are going through.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Cripps is by far the WORST Dr out there. If you are reading this before going to see her for your first time - don't give her the benefit of the doubt after reading the negative comments --- the comments are there for a reason. She has the worse bed side manners, no compassion and her knowledge base is very low. Nobody (sick or family members) going through this should have to deal with such an uncompassioniate person. Do yourself a favour and find another oncologist -- it may even save your life.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Very disappointed. A friend said to me "Oncologists are in the business of saving lives...but....if the diagnosis is terminal or near to terminal...they fall completely off the radar" How true this was. First impression with Dr. Cripps was ...'cold...indifferent...and although she outlined a 'new clinical treatment' for my sisters type cancer, she also hit us with the 2 X 4 saying....'well even with this new treatment, you'll have about 11 months". We didn't ask for a prognosis at that point. She was indifferent, removed, and didn't seem to have empathy or compassion. Even a shred of this shown would have been appreciated. I concur with the comments below. She came into the examination room....talked briefly...handed over information papers...left the room...in came someone...then some one after that. It was cold...clinical...and indifferent My sister was hospitalized shortly after that appointment and we asked repeatedly for her to come and see us all in hospital. Left messages. Although my sister, in the end, chose NO treatment whatsoever, we just wanted to know more about her 'type' of cancer and what we could expect. But, it was radio silence. We were then provided the care of a palliative care doctor who is kind, compassionate, and takes the time to both listen and explain, placing my sister and her care at the forefront. As it should be.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Extremely rude and condescending to her patients and colleagues. Unfortunately, I've heard a few stories of this physician missing follow-up on important test results for patients. It's not meant to bash her, but to serve as a warning to future patients. Ottawa has a plethora of amazing oncologists and you would be better suited looking elsewhere if given the choice.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015