Ratings for Dr. D Willmott

Arrogance is one of his milder annoyances. I found his rudeness and lack of respect much more prevalent. Doctors are overworked in Okanagan - we all know that; but as a patient, it is not any easier for us. But being a doctor for the "Pain Clinic", you would assume that he/she would have a greater sense of empathy for one who has to accept the fact that they require help with their daily struggle of pain. Each person's pain tolerance is questionable I agree, but the doctor should not assume that everyone who enters the clinic is a whiney, weak, hypochondriac. I say this from the constant eye rolling Dr. Willmott would provide me with when I would describe symptoms. I have been dealing with pain since 1972, and have been told by several specialists, doctors and a neurologist that there is nothing that can be done due to the severity and worsening of my condition and that only pain management is left. I came to Dr. Willmott and on my first visit, he would not even look at me but spoke into a microphone as I was answering his questions. He then became very agitated and yelled out "I wish I would receive the proper documentation". 1. That is not very professional 2. That is not my error 3. That does not mean that he should vent out his anger on me (grinding teeth and snapping at me) Second appointment was even worse. He loves to give shots. I do not have muscle issues, but disc degeneration, narrowing of the spinal canal, arthritis, bone spur and benign tumor - but he's the doctor so I did not argue. After he applied extreme pressure on numerous areas that brought tears to my eyes (I dared not let him know that for fear of reprimanding) and gave me 7 shots, he asked me to "jump down". If he had read my notes, he would understand that I cannot jump down. He then became angry with me because I did not feel immediate relief. 1. He was the one warning me that my legs could go out on me so I needed a ride 2. He just applied pressure to a very delicate and soar area . Really?? He then ran out and told me to follow him to the front. I'm sorry, but although I have kept my body in good shape - I am not about to wander through the office with my pants undone. Once I retrieved my things and met him at the front desk he snapped, fill out this diary and I'll see you in May. I regrettably replied with a thank you. He was storming off but I would not let his rudeness get the better of me and repeated myself with much greater volume and he finally mumbled your welcome as he turned the corner. Once again, did not have the decency to wait 5 seconds to actually face me and say your welcome. His mother would not be proud of what he has become.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I have only been to the pain clinic once and Dr. Willmott is the Doctor I saw. He should not be in this type of care. He is arrogant and rude. When I was trying to explain what my GP had told me Dr. Willmott proceeded to call my doctor unbecoming names. After 5 minutes all I wanted to do was leave. I will not go back to this clinic, too bad someone doesn't do something about this problem doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

I have now seen him twice. Yesterday I left crying. Nothing can be done except take stronger dose pain pill. Asked about nerve block and he said it won't help me . When I read my MRI results I googled all the medical terms. What I got out of it was a lot more than mild arthritis. My GP understands it's worse than a mild case. I told him so I'm just supposed to lose another year of my life. Yes, also he said pain pills don't take pain away, to be lucky if I get 30% pain relief at all. I don't. He makes one feel that it's not that bad. I'm almost 55 and for the last 2 years can't walk in the store and shop for 15 min. without intense pain. In all I've had it since 2001 and is just since 2013 debilitating.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

This doctor is the most rude, arrogant pompous jerk I have ever met in my life. I would not recommend him to anyone....

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I am a 45 year old business man. I travelled 13 hours one way to see this doctor/clinic (May 2014). I did not know this website existed till today or I would have posted sooner. I filled out a questionnaire and about 6 minutes later I was taken to a room. The first thing he said to me was I read over your file and I do not give marijuana on the first visit. I was really taken back by this as I did not ask for anything. He was less than helpful after his opening comment. He kept talking into a dictation microphone that he had to constantly back space on his PC. He said he would provide a list of drugs for my GP to Prescribe and that was it. Before leaving I asked about my vertigo, what's next and what can I expect going forward with this problem? He did explain the vertigo well. He answered the what to expect question with this "If you do not have a good disability package you should find one". This was my first ever visit to a pain clinic. After my visit I couldn’t help but think of the very well dressed older lady that was waiting with me in the waiting area. She went in before I did and came out very soon after crying. I hope she did not receive the same service I did. Dr. Willmott is a young arrogant punk who needs to develop some life skills. I highly do not recommend this doctor or this clinic. Its a safe bet the owner of this clinic is aware of the problems Willmott is causing.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Would not recommend if you need a doctor that makes you feel like you are wasting his time! When you are in intensive pain, seek a doctor who makes you feel like he really cares about you and his job for that matter :o)

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr.i was seeing moved and I wasnt notified an they just switched dr, s without notifying me.then new dr to do procedure without an appt to meet him.a preliminary appt.none. All they said was that hed see my file.i was more concerned about seeing him first and him assessing me...things have changed in last year and half since my last appt!

Submitted March 4, 2014