Ratings for Dr. R Basiriha

I found him to be very knowledgeable and committed to what was best for me.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I told him about the side effects I was having like high cholesterol, blurred vision, uncontrollable eye movement, anxiety etc. I told him I wanted to stop the medicine because of it. He wouldn't tell me how to stop it or help me go off of it. He said if I go off of it I'll relapse and have to be hospitalized(it's not legal to make someone go to the hospital without your permission in Alberta I looked it up) he was manipulating me. I told him my parents wanted me off it then he's like "I'll set up an appointment with them and see what they have to say" ..he would not let me stop the medicine.but then when I saw him again I had to keep talking him into letting me stop it then he told me how. He isn't the best doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I thought dr basiriha was pretty nice and he wasn't rude to me. But I told him about a problem I was having and he wasn't listening very well cuz he said it was anxiety that I was having. That had nothing to do with what I was saying. Lol. He told me side effects of my medicine was weight gain. I found out later that it had like 10 side effects like blurred vision, eye spasms, high cholesterol etc. Well I got all those and told him and he told me to stay on the medicine and take more medicine to stop the side effects. This new medicine has side effects as well.. like omg.. I can tell that he does care sometimes though. Like he seems worried about me sometimes. He isn't a bad guy.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

He is an excellent listener and knows he job. Very pleased with him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

He's not very knowledgeable and if he thinks that there is a psychiatric problem he will push his opinion even when proven to be false. To the point of being willing to file for AISH (welfare) for people who are not mentally ill. The staff are alright though...I hope he gets caught.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Great experience and thorough at his job. Very happy with him.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Terrible experience. Caused more harm than help. Failed to listen to symptoms or ask the appropriate questions and made an inaccurate diagnosis (as per the follow up diagnosis from two other more thorough psychiatrists). Would NEVER recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Worlds worst psychiatrist he never listens to anything I have said, tells me I'm not depressed and don't have anxiety. While I have been grinding my teeth and night and my is all cut up due to anxiety (search it up cause it happens), my hands are consistently shaking because I'm so reved up and anxious that's I'm almost having panic attacks consistently through the day, now my legs start shaking too from the anxiety. I've been diagnosed with depression and been on medication since I was 16 years old because I have had a lot of struggles in life that have brought me down to the point that I was going to commit suicide at such a young age.... He doesn't care about any of his patients all he's worried about is the money he's a goof. This idiot doesn't listen to my specialist that I have in Edmonton who's a lot more qualified than him.. He's an overall condescending, rude, incompetent, on his high horse, disrespectful, prick that should not have the title of a doctor. His wife is the exact same way they just talk over you, don't let you speak. Before evening seeing you or speaking with you they already have a decision made that's set in stone that they will do. Dr Basiriha and his wife are the most judgemental people in the world their ego gets in the way of their work. My best friend died because of doctors like him. The nurse and Doctor wouldn't listen to my best friend because they were under the judgemental assumption that he was there to see them for pain medication and without checking anything at all on him and not treating him like a human being even though he had a problem. Guess what happened he died 2 days later at 18 year old.... He had irritable bowel syndrome and couldn't not go to the bathroom for over a month and had enormous amount of pain, consistently puking, always in pain, not being able to eat anything at all for over a week not even on meal! Now I lost a little brother, best friend, and would have been my best man at my wedding because of people like Basiriha. It's terrible and so sad that his life could have been saved but due to the ignorance of that doctor in emergency and doctors like Dr Bashiriha that many lives are lost because they are ignorant, judgemental, and do not properly diagnose patients to help. All they do is hurt them and add to the problem more. It's too hard for Dr.Basiriha to help find a solution because he doesn't care about any patients. His greed for money and his ego gets in the way. This is the most incompetent, worst, unhelpful Doctor I have ever met in my life. He should have his license revoked. There have been many people that have been seeing this Doctor and ended up commiting suicide because he doesn't help, he hurts the patient by not giving adequate and proper treatment. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER recommend this Doctor. Unless you would like to slip deeper into depression or to commit suicide. Dr. Basiriha is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

After decades of misdiagnoses and medication struggles I finally had the right one thanks to this wonderful doctor..

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr Basiriha is an intelligent man. As such you can see that he doesn't have very little patience with stupidity. Doctors go through many years of training and several hundreds of humans with all relatively similar issues. after time i would get annoyed with people. If i were a less resourceful individual i would not like this Dr. but i am pretty good at figuring out what i need to do to help myself, this doctor is at least there to agree with me and prescribe the meds i need to carry on. As for therapy, he prefers to leave that to the therapists. i suffice with this medical care but many may not.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015