Ratings for Dr. Nana Owusu

Great service. Dr. Owusu is very obviously very smart and very down to earth. I enjoyed the experience. His staff were excellent. I’m glad I took this recommendation, my sister has been seeing him for quite some time and she loves him. Nice to meet a doctor who is willing to go above and beyond.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

I highly recommend him. His staff members are great. Really cares about his patients eyes.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

Dr. Owusu is compassionate, caring, empathetic and aalways willing to listen. He’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a doctor and I finally found it 4 years ago. I look forward to my visits with Dr. Owusu. He literally saved my vision and got my family doctor on the right track to save my life. He really went above and beyond. I appreciate what he has done for me and will see him until he retires (which hopefully will never happen).

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Excellent bedside manner. Informative. Even helpful in selecting new specs. Thanks Dr. Owusu!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2018

Tuesday was my first Dr. Owusu experience. Like some others here I just read the reviews and wanted to try him out (wasn’t happy with previous optometrist). The high marks are true, dr. Owusu and his staff are excellent. Quick and good service. And I bought a nice pair of glasses and got s good price on sunglasses that have my prescription in them. Awesome place and excellent doctor. He has a wonderful personality. I Will continue to see him happily.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

I was compelled to write my first ever review after reading the one before me. I visited Dr. O’s new clinic on McPhillips today for the first time and I had the opposite experience. I thought it was great! They were running behind but it appeared to be the result of some sort of emergency. Dr. O and all the staff were very apologetic and boy was it worth the wait. Dr. O is even better than the reviews suggested. He’s awesome! Very personable and very smart. I have already recommended family to see him. I’m confident that they’ll feel the same way I do.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

To be fair I had had high expectations based on the online reviews and comments I read before I booked the appointment. However, from the firsthand experience, I would not recommend any one to visit this place. Because, I learned that some client’s time is precious over others. They made me felt like some client’s appointment takes precedence over other unfamiliar clients like me. I spent my precious 43 minutes waiting for nothing. The front desk clerks were courteous and tried their best to cover the doctor's lack of respect for the client's time. The saddest thing that I witnessed in there is co-workers chatting in the hallway while I was patiently waiting for them to call my name. I saw one of their workers (Front Eyeglass Sale Department?) pulled Dr. Owusu from the ongoing meeting he was in to discuss about her favorite client that has arrived 30 minutes after I was told that I am next in the line. It took me 43 minutes to realize that they chose to push me aside as if I was invading their favoritism laden spaces. I was not surprised to learn why they were falling behind in their appointments. One thing that I would like to high light in here is, I didn’t get a chance to meet with Dr.Owusu Nana, because no one made an attempt to make my first visit comfortable or attractive enough to encourage me to come back again. Now, I feel like a fool after I realized that I drove all the way to 2-1339 Mc Philips from downtown just to give them the benefit of doubt at the cost of my time, my money and energy for zero in return.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

I’ve been seeing Dr. O since 2010 or 2011. He’s been amazing every time. I’ve since switched my whole family to see him. Everyone feels the same way about him. Great person, very knowledgeable and never rushes you like some tend to do. I will be his patient for life.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

Wow the reviews are right! He’s incredibly personable and very intelligent. Took care of my 92-year-old grandmother and I. I’ll be bringing my kids too. Such an awesome experience. Clearly shared some not so great news with gramma about her eyes and health but somehow made her feel very comfortable with it all. She left smiling which made me happy. She actually gave him a hug haha. My exam was pretty routine but he still took his time to make sure I got my questions answered. Winnipeg is lucky to have such a great optometrist.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Excellent with my kids. They usually don’t feel comfortable with doctors but somehow he has them begging to come back every year. Great with me and my husband too. He even sent flowers and a fruit basket when my parents passed away (long time patients of his). Very thoughtful. We won’t see anyone else. He obviously loves his job. He’s the man!!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018