Ratings for Dr. Kay Laverty

Dr. Laverty is amazing! So knowleadgeable and caring with her patients!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Most horrible doctor I have ever met, rude and arrogant, with attitude. Unprofessional and is only busy making money with no regard for people.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have multiple medical conditions but I am very on top of all my information. Dr. Laverty contradicted information provided by one of my specialists. Even when confronted with the facts, she refused to back down & made some other paltry observation to back her opinion. I lacked confidence in her ability to appropriately advocate for me.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I was new to this clinic as I had just moved to Calgary, and my appointment was for a yearly exam. If there was a lower rating for the punctuality I would have given it. I waited in the waiting room for an hour before I was put into a freezing cold exam room and was asked to change into a gown. After waiting for 45 min in the exam room I left without being seen. I will not be returning to see Dr.Laverty. The receptionist was kind and apologetic but made it seem like the doctor didn't care if she was running late.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I will not recommend Dr. Laverty to anyone. The tone she speaks is very arrogant and condescending. She uses that tone to people who are not her patients too, which I don't think is an acceptable behavior for a good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr.Laverty is very caring and concerns about her patients. Hence you may find her a bit late sometimes. More importantly, she is very fond of babies and makes sure the patient no matter if you have an appointment. She is very knowledgeable and gives a very frank opinion.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I do not recommend Dr. Laverty. It started off very nice and personable, but things took a turn very quickly after I had my baby. Her new receptionist was extremely rude when I simply inquired about why I had to constantly wait an additional hour after I had arrived on time for my scheduled appointments because Dr. Laverty was constantly late. Dr. Laverty was informed that I questioned the wait times for scheduled appointments and suggested I find another family doctor and that she doesn't have to serve me. Dr. Laverty did not keep herself informed on the paperwork my Maternity Clinic sent her and as a result I had to keep following-up on ensuring she prepared my Req form for my infants pelvic ultrasound. Dr Laverty's attention to detail is extremely lacking as she Requested for an X-Ray rather than an Untrasound... luckily the staff at the diagnostic imaging clinic caught it and scheduled me in for the correct procedure. Imagine your infant needlessly being exposed to radiation because your family doctor is careless, rude, unprofessional, and lacks attention to detail. That is what you can expect from Dr. Laverty.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr Laverty is great. She lets you know her medical and personal opinion on matters. She allows you, the patient, to choose from different treatments which most doctors write you a percription and send you on your way. Dr Laverty takes her time with you and is straight forward. If you have an issue due to bad diet or life style she tells you bluntly to change things. Honestly is what people need these days the most. The time she spends and questions she asks is to learn your history and what may be contributing to your sickness. She uses examples from other patients to help you understand. She never reveals any personal info that can identify who the patient is such as names etc. Dr Laverty is great and highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Please keep looking if you are considering her as a family physician. She has been friendly and personable but not helped medically with any of the issues my family has brought forward and she and her staff are very comfortable discussing private information in common place.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

She has been extremely condescending and seems to be intent on pushing her own agenda, to the exclusion of addressing more pressing concerns. I'd classify her as a anxious bully.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016