Ratings for Dr. Lindsay Blair

The best, in a very demanding profession she rises to the top!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

this doctor tries very hard to help patients. unfortunately she appears to hold some strong biases and stereotypes about mentally ill people that impact her practise. she wasn't up front with me about my care, had to be reminded that a lab test proved what I was saying was true (I did not feel believed about most things and I feel she does not have enough healthy skepticism or critical thinking when it comes to practising psychiatry), she also stated some ideas to me in our session but later when I heard details of a internal report she wrote they were saying the exact opposite, as I don't think she thought I would ever read it. If you value physicians that are upfront and keep you involved as a partner to health, I don't think you would enjoy Dr. Blair. If you want to have a really passive role in your care, then it might be okay. She is a kind person who is well intentioned, unfortunately I don't think she will ever live up to her potential as a psychiatrist as it feels like she thinks people come with manuals and there are no exceptions to anything, ever. She also commented on behviours without bothering to ask why, making assumptions based on what her training tells her. Ex: A person who quit their job because of a harassing boss is very different than someone who quits their job because the "CIA is hacking their phone". This psychiatrist would not ask for clarification and put 'quitting your job' as a negative behaviour to be used 'against' you without acknowledging that people and life are complex and have different motivations. She is not the most pushy with drugs, she does work hard to find one that works and will switch you fast if its bad. On the whole, because of the potential for her to be reporting one thing and telling you another (never had another practitioner do this to me, no matter how awful or upsetting what they had to tell me would be) I think the risk of seeing This psychiatrist is too high, although if you are desperate, still probably the best one in town.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

She will help you through whatever you need, providing whatever she can to support you. Her wait is long but more than worth.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Blair is a great doctor. She really listens to what you have to say. She's also very kind.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016