Ratings for Dr. Paul Mick

Dr. Mick has done a wonderful job. He ensured I got the right surgery to be able to hear again. He suggested the BAHA as a regular hearing aid has not been working for me and reconstruction middle ear surgery did not help. I trust Dr. Mick and so far he has not given me a reason not to trust him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Mick was amazing with my child and the removal of their tonsils. The surgery was completed on a Friday and required an overnight visit. He came in the Saturday to check in and discharge us. He made my child feel very comfortable and in this made me feel less stressed.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr Mick has done an incredible job with my most recent radical tympanomostoidectomy. The insision behind my ear has been done so neatly. It's early days as to the whether my cholesteatoma has been iradicated. Only time will tell and a second look op. My ear bones were removed and reconstructed at the same time as my tympanomastoidectomy was performed. A four hour surgery in Kelowna hospital an excellent facility. I felt like I couldn't have had a better surgeon or better care anywhere. All the staff working with him were awesome. A big thank you!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Mick for surgery on my ear canal He acted like I didn't know what I was talking about and told me I was better to see a psychologist. After further testing in Vancouver where the specialist told me to tell him to fix it, he denied what they had said. after an incident which lead me to an emergency trip to hospital in the Oliver he said he would talk to specialist and expedite my appointment. He did not do as promised even denied say that was what he was going to do. When trying to make an appointment with hm as per his prior instructions, his staff hung up on me. He has lost the last 2 years of my life with his actions and as far as I am concerned should have his license revoked until he understand that his patients are the ones who are his bread and butter. i would not recommend him to anyone .

Submitted November 23, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Mick by my GP after an ultrasound of the neck showed the presence of a thyroglossal duct cyst. These cysts are typically benign but should be removed because if infected their removal becomes more difficult. From my first appointment with Dr. Mick to my actual surgery date, only 2 months passed. On all occasions he answered my questions thoroughly and carefully, and I never felt rushed. For the surgery he was assisted by one of his colleagues. The surgical scar has healed very well and is hardly noticeable, even after only 2 weeks post surgery. Dr. Mick is still in the early stages of his career and a little awkward in his manner at this point. I have confidence that this will improve with more experience. Overall, I think he is an excellent addition to the ENT surgical team in Kelowna and would not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I was referred to him when i moved from the island and after seeing him I wished i never left the island !! Very dismissive and spend 2 min with me. I've now fly to the island for my hearing problems.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr. Mick has been fantastic with my son and his ongoing ear issues. He takes the time to explain procedures with myself and wife.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

He's kind and patient. Makes one feel at ease about the procedures he's doing. Highly recommended. I can't imagine the circumstances creating a negative review.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I was recently referred to Dr. Mick for an ear issue I've had for my whole life. When I was in the room he seemed to have no patience for my nerves and was frankly quite rude when talking with me. I have never had such a terrible experience with a doctor in my life. This doctor lacks compassion for his patients and acts as if he has no time to deal with the little issues. I would not recommend Dr. Mick to anyone and I surely will not be returning ever again.

Submitted October 30, 2015

I found Dr Mick to be very knowledgeable in his field. He corrected a operation I had before which left me almost deaf. He did't promise everything would ok , said would try to help me hopefully get some of my hearing back. I 'm here to tell you he did I can hear so much better! Since about the age of 7 I have had a hearing problem in the other ear. ( which the ear dr before operate on that one) nothing happen. So again I go with DrMick he is going to try to give me more hearing . I appreciate his honesty about on being able to increase my hearing ( might not work) but I'm willing and so is he. Thanks you Dr Mick when I was in the hospital he came by my bedside 3 times for a overnight stay!! I must say he has the most beauiful blue eyes!! He come highly recommend from me

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015