Ratings for Dr. Susan M. Sharp

Dr. Sharp has always been a great doctor to my family. I would recommend her and have recommended her. She cares and makes sure she understands exactly how you are feeling. She is a great doctor with a very efficient staff.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Terrible. They never answer their phones and do not return calls (voice mail) and never follow up on any results. When I was able to see the doctor, she took up most of my time talking about nothing. I finally changed doctors!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

First of all, I haven't personally met this doctor so it's difficult for me to write a negative review. She cares for my 80 year old grandparents who have been patients of hers for many years. Wasn't until recently that they started complaining about her care. I work in healthcare and I know how things should be handled. I'm really upset with the neglect on her/ the offices part! In April I went to visit my grandparents and my grandmother was having problems with her calf's; pain, redness and swelling. Not to be mean but they looked horrible! I was very concerned and had to just pray for patience and hope that things would get better. She had just seen Dr. Sharp who gave her a cream to try. After 1 month of use and no results she went back and was given another cream to try. Again, no improvement. We made an appointment to follow up with her which got cancelled and pushed out multiple times. It's now July 5th and I finally asked her to go to the emergency room, St. Joseph's. I met her there last night after work and it turns out she has cellulitis. They gave her 2 IV antibiotics and sent her home with a 10 day script of Flagyl which is another really strong antibiotic. Who knows what could have happened if she waited until her appointment next week? As someone who has worked for a general and plastic surgeon for the past 12 years, you need to take initiative and ask questions and do whatever you can to help patients, especially the elderly patients. Refer patients to a physician on call, hire a nurse if you are unavailable or have an emergency and by all means if you need to cxl someone's appointment you do whatever you can to get them in right away. It's not like this was a new problem. They have been dealing with this for the past 3 months. It's unfortunate that at 86 years of age they need to find another doctor...

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

My mother has been under her care, first of all she gave her oxy and like 4 to 5 more prescriptions that a 73 your old lady shouldnt been give . then put her in the orange county health and welfare rehabilitation home , she doesn't even go see her they call her and she describes more pills, it sad what she his done to my mother.Since being u der Dr. Sharp care my mother has gone from walking and talking to not being able to get out of her bed and not being able to talk to us just yelling out.. She will not pick up the phone in her office , her office help is The worst. I drive 2and half hours to talk to her at her office because I couldnt get her on the phone . she had no one in her office and still wouldnt talk to me . her office help said she will call you today , not a phone call from her and it has been three days. I will be firing her as my moms doctor , just be care if you are family see her she doesn't care are know how to take care of people

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I've have been a patient of Dr. Sharp's for many years. I would love to have her as a friend, but as a doctor she leaves a lot to be desired. She has moved 3 times during my years of having her as my PCP. She is very good at sending you to whatever specialist you need and spending more time then necessary with you when you finally get into a room to be seen by her. Often she carries on about her life, autistic kids, past divorce and how bad Obama care is. On an up note, she listens, she's funny and I think I'm gonna miss her but I feel I need someone that is more attentive to my medical needs.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

She used to be good and now it's hard to track her down. If you try to make an appointment with her good luck. Especially if you have a life. She doesn't have much availability. When you do see her, she goes on tangents unrelated to health

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Office staff unprofessional lacking in experience or training, Dr Sharp tardy for appointments and seems disorganized...

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

The staff was extreamly rude and short with my wife.Worst expirence ever,would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

She is very rude and I always need to wait 1-2 hours. She and her staff do not care if your time is important or not. Her staff overbook patients all the time. Doctor Sharp's knowledge is very poor and she is very careless .

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr Sharp ALWAYS takes the time no matter how busy she is to listen to me and throughly go over my health issues. She knows exactly what is on my chart and remembers all details both health and personal. Doctor Sharp is more than a doctor and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a medical professional. Her staff is knowledgable, friendly and willing to be of assistance.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr. Susan M. Sharp's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1996)