Ratings for Dr. Shafiqul Alam

Dr. Alam listen to his patients and it really helps.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

I've had Dr. Alam now for several years. I find he takes the time to go over the areas of my medical history and plan to make me well. He has a warm personality, it seems some folks may not like his personality, or distinctiveness in treating you as a patient which sometimes is needed to break from your own cycle of denial.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I have had the misfortune of being assigned Dr.Alam while a patient at Beaumont Hospital. I have had to reqest a new Dr. because this one has been so unprofessional, arrogant, sarcastic aand just plain cruel. I would never recommend anyone to him and will not recommend the Beaumont Hospital because of this totally negative and emotionally distressing experience. He caused additional pain and distress that I simply should not have had to endure. Please see someone, anyone else!!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I COMPLETELY agree with the previous reviewer. Dr. Alan also neglected me and gave me 30 days to find a new doctor simply because I asked him questions. He told me he doesnt need to explain medicine to me. He is the most arrogant, disrespectful and judgmental person. He shows no compassion and does not demonstrate any characteristics of a good doctor. Please, please stay away!!!!! He has caused me emotional distress.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I would never refer anyone to this doctor. He is very rude, condescending and disrespectful. Not empathetic at all. He neglected me when I was in serious need, which caused me alot of physical pain and emotional distress. Also, the average waiting room time was an hour and 1/2. The staff was bad about returning phone calls and if you called, you were on hold forever.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012