Ratings for Dr. Andrew Higgs

I've went for an xray a year before met Dr Higgs ad the doctir said nothing major happened. But when I met Dr Higgs, he explained to me that I need to go for surgery to reconstruct my ankle. I've went for operation with him and now my ankle back to normal.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

I broke my ankle 2 days before flying home from Sydney to Los Angeles. Dr. Higgs made the time to treat me so that I was able to have a safe and comfortable trip. He has excellent communication skills and provided information to assure me and my husband, as well as documentation for a follow up doctor.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

I recently had a tendon transfer on my full thickness Achillie's Tendon, several weeks after it occurred. Now four months post op, I have recovered a large percentage of functionality in my calf muscle of the affected leg. I can unreservedly recommend Dr Higgs as an excellent and dedicated doctor.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

I had a bunion repair three months ago by Dr. Higgs and I couldn't be happier with the result. The function of my foot is back to normal and I don't require any analgesia. Dr. Higgs is a caring, competent surgeon who provided excellent pre, peri and post operative care and was always available if I needed reassurance. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Special thanks to Anne his secretary who is caring and helpful as well as efficient.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

I had a total ankle fusion by Dr Higgs in 2015 and it has completely changed my life. Having lived with very bad arthritis since shattering my ankle in 1988 when a horse fell on me. I have suffered daily with pain and stiffness and my life had got to a point where amputation was becoming the better option i thought! Then i tried Dr Higgs after years searching for someone who knew ankles I'd found the right man for the job. From my initial conversation with Anne his secretary I felt confident I'd found someone who could maybe help me. Dr Higgs is not only an amazing surgeon but he is also a genuine nice guy who is down to earth and very easy to talk to. His knowledge and expertise is amazing and his work has taken him overseas looking after troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and i felt this added to his knowledge when faced with my difficult ugly ankle joint! I can not thank Dr Higgs enough for the difference he has made to my life every single day, as i now live a life virtually pain free after 26years of living with a very badly damaged ankle. Thankyou so much Dr. Higgs and to Anne Dr. Higgs Secretary you make an awesome team. Thankyou.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I thoroughly recommend Dr Higgs – an exceptionally competent and compassionate doctor that has made a difference to my complex hip condition that I have suffered with for two years before seeing him. Dr Higgs was recommend to me by a friend and I have been forever grateful for the amazing ongoing medical care provided. Dr Higgs gave me an honest assessment of my situation and provided a thorough recovery plan and I am so pleased to be walking pain free. My quality of life has improved and anyone who has experienced hip pain will relate to my joy! I found Dr Higgs to be very honest and honourable - I’m sure he treats all his patients with the same level of respect and attention. During my follow up consultations Dr Higgs continued to provide a high level of professional care. I highly recommend Dr Higgs – he is an excellent professional doctor and also a warm and genuinely caring person.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Am now twelve months down the track since my foot operation and fully back to all the exercise that I was previously able to do. Dr Higgs and his staff provided excellent service and support both before and after the operation. He is very knowledgeable and able to clearly explain the procedures and recovery process. He also quickly answered the e-mail questions that I had after the operation. Dr Higgs has an open friendly nature and I would recommend him to anyone needing to see an orthopaedic surgeon. He operated out of St Luke's Hospital at Potts Point which was a further bonus as it is a great facility.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Andrew Higgs saved my ankle. I was involved in a serious accident, my Tibia and Talus where both fractured, both bones required internal fixation. Dr. Higgs was honest about the injury and the procedure that he would perform, while also being very personable and respectful to me. Dr. Higgs gave me a lot of confidence going into the operation. Dr. Higgs performed a remarkable operation on my ankle. I am now 3 months post operation and I feel fantastic. I have had my X-rays looked at by multiple other Doctors and physiotherapists and they are all very impressed with the serious operation and my recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Higgs.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

A wonderful experience with Dr Higgs!! After agonising as to whether to have bunion surgery I actually went ahead with it. Cannot recommend Dr Higgs more highly, he explained everything to me, warned me about the pain post surgery and made me feel comfortable about having it. The surgery was a great success, and on the occasions when I was concerned about it he was instantly available and supportive. That is what makes the difference!! After 3 months am back to normal activities, walk without pain and SO glad I went ahead with the surgery. Would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

So impressed with Dr Higgs. From my initial injury (which was bad) I am now back to my normal activities and I wouldnt be where I am now without him. Such a nice man and so caring.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017