Ratings for Dr. Andrew Star

I am now 8 weeks post op following a total knee replacement done by Dr. Star at Lansdale Abington Hospital. I knew I needed knee replacement surgery and chose Dr. Star based solely on recommendations from people for whom he had previously performed joint replacements. Dr. Star was very up front with me from the initial appointment, explaining what I should expect as far as post surgery recovery and results. He also provided helpful information which aided me in my decision as to how I wanted to handle my knee osteoarthritis pain. The time for surgical intervention was ultimately my decision. Dr. Star fairly represented the procedure and recovery period. My experience at Lansdale Abington Hospital was wonderful. Each hospital employee was knowledgeable, kind, and treated me with dignity. I would return there for any future hospital needs without hesitation.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2018

I could not have been happier with the results of my total hip replacement! I am 8 weeks post surgery and am already back to work (doing alot of walking). Dr. Star was very professional and yet made me feel very comfortable. Every step along the way was explained and I went in knowing what to expect. Abington Lansdale Hospital staff were great as well! I can't say enough good things about Dr. Star! I got my life back! No pain, no cane!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Excellent doctor for hip replacement. At my first appointment at Rothman in Willow Grove, I had trouble walking, going up steps, getting out of my car and (most importantly) playing Pickleball. Dr. Star was straight-forward in explaining the advantages of minimally invasive, anterior hip replacement. That conversation confirmed my own research of going to Rothman seminars, friends experiences and YouTube videos. I was in Abington Hospital < 24 hours. Recovered was quick with no complications. My range-of-motion is back. It's an amazing procedure. Thank you, Bob S.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Excellent doctor. Had hip replaced. Recovered very quickly with no complications. Highly recommend Dr Star. I feel like a new person! Ethel Grear

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I had heard numerous accolades about Dr. Star from various friends, physicians and acquantances. So it was a no brainer that I decided to have Dr. Star replace my hip. He performed a minimally invasive, anterior hip replacement. I must admit I was a bit cautious about having the procedure , but I am totally amazed at how quickly I recovered and how much better I can walk pain free. Pre- surgery Dr Star and his staff explained to me what to expect. I was very prepared for the procedure. I felt confident he was the right surgeon for me and Abington Hospital was the place to have the procedure done.. The results bear that out. The staff at both the Chalfont Center and Abington Hospital were cordial and very professional. The accommodations at the hospital were excellent. The pre-op and post -op instructions were easy to follow. If you are contemplating having a hip replaced look no further. I had an excellent outcome and experience. My only regret is that I waited as long as I did to have the hip replaced.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016