Ratings for Dr. Katayoun Rahnavardi

Never have I rated someone with four single stars, but never has a doctor ignored or forgot my preexisting health condition every single time I see her and here is a list of things her or her staff have done wrong; Have me opiots after she was suggested by a specialist not to. Forgot to put in references to surgeon, ignores that I'm in real pain. Over prescribed blood thinners. All in all, very forgetful and way to busy with patients and school to see patients in my pinion. I'm now lying in bed with pain so bad because this doctor does not care!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Rahnavardi for about 3 years. She is very kind and warm, and I always feel at ease, even when undergoing some rather awkward health issues. She provides plenty of health information and advice, is usually on-time, is very thorough and never rushes. I found her at Coal Harbour downtown, and now I drive all the way to North Van to see her.... she is worth the drive.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

What can I say about Dr. Kathy Rahnavardi? She is so amazing! I definitely LOVE dealing with her after my family doctor retired. She has been most helpful and is a knowledgeable person. Like the previous person below, when she doesn't know anything she will tell you truthfully and she takes notice in that you've gone to a different doctor even though she is now my family doctor. She is quite supportive in a way that if was concerned about something she would thoroughly explain to me what is going on and how or where to go from there. She was working out of the walk-in clinic downtown in Vancouver and is incredibly busy so at times you can feel a bit rushed in the appointments but you can tell that she does take notice in your care.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Fantastic doctor. If she doesn't know the answer, she will refer you to someone who does. She dislikes when you go see different doctors all the time and there is no continuity of care, so even in a walk in setting, you can make the choice to see only her and this works well. I am now transitioning to her being my family doctor after a few years. My medical history is complicated and difficult to navigate. She has always handled it well and been fine with me asking both stupid and paranoid questions, as well as the good and important ones. I never get in trouble for taking too much time or with more than one question as I know happens at some other clinics, though I do try to limit how many issues I bring up at one appointment.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I went Dr. Rahnavardi as a drop in at a walk in clinic for a referral. She told me it was inappropriate for me to give me one because she was not my regular family doctor and she said she would do it this time but never again. I explained to her that I had no family doctor and rely on walk-in clinics because my last two had quit practicing or moved which she did not comment or show any sympathy. It is not ethical for her to punish patients for failures of the medical system as a whole.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014