Ratings for Dr. Dorothy L. Williams

I would not waste your time with this physician. She is probably one of the most condescending people I have ever met in my life. She talks down to patients consistently and any question asked will be treated with hostility. Some people should not be allowed to interact with patients and Dr. Dorothy Williams is a PRIME example of that, she should be in a dark basement somewhere doing research and having absolutely zero patient contact. There is a reason she has horrible reviews on every site I've been to, she is a horrible provider. Do yourself a favor and take the time to find someone who will treat your case with compassion and the seriousness it deserves, I would not refer the Devil himself to her.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

She was not very nice, and in the end I sought out another neurologist. She would not answer questions I had, and then made me feel bad for asking them. When I went to a different neurologist he explained everything that she did not. I appreciated her want for me to get test, however, did not explain the results of the EEG or MRI at all other than "well there was an abnormal brain wave." She gets the job done, but would be my last resort.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Very professional. She really takes the time to listen and try alternative medications if the first trials are not that effective. She is also one of the first physicians I have met who takes the time to make sure that the medications she prescribes are affordable or covered under my insurance. Staff can forget to provide a reminder call prior to scheduled appointments.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I am surprised with all of the negative reviews. Sometimes I think people mistake honesty and diagnosis for rudeness. I think if your an emotional and very sensitive person, then maybe this wouldn't be the best doctor for you. I absolutely love this doctor! Have had seizures, migraines, neuralgia, etc. Only doctor that has been able to control it. She has gotten me in even if there were no appointments. Went to the ER and even though she isn't covered with the hospital, she still talked with the ER doc on her own time to help. She has sat with me for over an hour and listened. She is the best doctor I have ever had. I think the complaints are just from people that are overly sensitive and like to exaggerate their experience. I say if you have issues with your head, then she is the doc to go to. If you have issues with your head and emotions, then don't go because you might get your feel bads hurt because she is honest and to the point. When you see her, it isn't for crumpets and tea, it is for medical advice.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

WOW, what an AMAZING doctor!!! She took the time to really talk to me about my issue and to ask lots of questions and to give me lots of info. She is the BEST!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I can not be more happy that I found Dr. Williams. I was having daily migraines. Even after brain surgery (benign cyst), I was getting them several times a week and nothing seemed to help much. Dr. Williams really took the time to understand what was going on in my head (first appointment was over an hour long, which seems a little tedious, but she is thorough). She looks at things holistically and doesn't just go to the standard answers I got from other doctors. After seeing her for about 10 months I can finally say that things are going much, much better. I am taking far fewer medications and the medications I am taking, I take less of. And I only have a mild or moderate headache maybe twice a week now. She really has helped me get my quality of life back. I have been to several other neurologists and doctors for my headaches. All of them just wanted to throw meds at me and not really get into what's causing them. She got me meds that worked when I had a bad migraine, but all the while we were working on prevention. Dr. Williams does not look for a quick fix and in order to figure out what's going on, you have to be dedicated to keeping headache logs and following up with regular appointments. Some people are not into that, so fair warning, that's her style. My sister-in-law saw her too, and she described her as "kind of a granola type of doctor" - and I guess she could be. She doesn't shy away from modern medicine though, she just looks at things holistically. Anyway, I can't recommend her enough. She has truly saved me from so much pain and I enjoy life so much more now. I want to review her on every site because I don't know where I would be if I hadn't found her. I want others to be able to get help, too.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Waste of money and time. Very rude. Unkind. She has no clinical skills to assess patients. She does not listen. The worst doctor

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I have seen Dr. Williams for over 10 years. As a chronic sufferer of migraines when I first started seeing her I was having 3-4 8/10 on the pain scale migraines a week. Over the course of 3-4 years, many different medications and behavior as well as diet changes I am now down to and average of 4 migraines a year. It took a lot of work and persistence on both our parts. I think that Dr. Williams cares about her patients, their overall health and happiness. I appreciate the fact that she takes meticulous notes and remembers things that we may have tried or discussed years ago. I appreciate that she is truely invested in me as her patient. I am thankful everyday for the referral to her office and all the dedicated time and effort that she has put towards making my quality of life better!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Very knowledgable, cares deeply about my personal symptoms and wellness. I have seen her for a few months for my chronic migraines. They have improved greatly. She is understanding, kind and flexible with hours. Her staff are friendly and prompt. I would absolutely recommend her!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I have seen her for four years for migraines. The first appointment was satisfying because she understands migraines better than anyone else I've paid to listen to me.She had no front office bimbos with big hair that take your blood pressure. She gives you one on one time.She told me that she learns more from patients about headaches by seeing them one on one.She also expects you to take responsibility for your condition (most doc's don't do this) so many would not feel as "taken care of" by her.I have referred many different clients to her.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Dr. Dorothy L. Williams's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)