Dr. Anita Barr

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anita Barr

I can’t say enough about Bridgham Barr Orthodontics.! Getting Invisalign as a working adult ( and already had braces as a kid) , was a great decision. The entire process was seamless. Dr. Bridgham & Dr. Barr and their entire team were so informative, efficient and friendly. I absolutely love my smile again! (M.L.)

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

Dr. Barr is so kind and friendly. She has an excellent knowledge of orthodontics. She fully explained what needed to be done for my treatment and then proceeded with such a gentle technique. Everyone in the office is very professional, kind and timely. I barely had time to finish my brief questionnaire, before they took me back for my appt. Wonderful office full of wonderful, knowledgeable people! I would highly recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2018

As an adult going through the process of teeth straightening, I couldn't be happier with the results I received from Dr. Barr and the team at Bridgham Barr Orthodontics. Every phase of treatment was explained fully. Everyone involved was excellent at their job and could not have been nicer. It was a very positive experience with great results!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Great doctors, great staff! Love Bridgham-Barr Orthodontics!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

A complementary team of doctors and staff who are friendly and knowledgeable. My teeth look amazing and are so healthy now thanks to this team.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

We knew that our youngest was going to need braces just like his older siblings and we always knew that the only practice we would take him to was Bridgham Barr Orthodontics. Our two older children had their orthodontic work done by Dr. Bridgham and we couldn’t have been happier, not only with the end result, but with the entire process. And we have not been disappointed this time around. I know children who had their braces put on at a very young age. Many of them had their braces on for years or had problems later with crowding. Dr. Bridgham and Dr. Barr don’t believe in rushing the process. They wait for a more mature dental age to start. I truly believe this is a sign of advance orthodontristry and professionalism. Our oldest child had extreme crowding due to size of his palate. Our dentist was concerned that our son would need tooth removal or surgeries to give room for adult teeth to drop before he could even start with braces Dr. Bridgham developed a new approach to palate expansion using 3 dimensional technology to determine the use of expander and braces over two separate periods of time. This method allowed for optimal expansion of my son’s palate without the pain of multiple tooth extractions or surgeries. Our son was the first to receive this course of treatment from Dr. Bridgham and I now know other children who have since used this same plan with amazing results. Now my youngest son needs a somewhat specialized plan for his orthodontic care. He cannot have metal work in his mouth due to the need of periodic MRI imaging of his pituitary gland. We thought Invisalign would be his only option or he would have to wait a few years to get started. I know Invisalign is a great option for many people, but it would not be the most effective approach to my son’s issues. Drs. Bridgham and Barr ensured us that they had this covered. We can’t get around the metal of a palate expander but we were able to plan for its use around scheduled MRIs. In case of any emergency imaging, one of the doctors will be available for the expander’s removal and reinsertion. Just knowing that they cared enough to set up a contingency plan made moving forward an easy decision. My son just had ceramic braces placed this morning making MRI’s simple and much less painful then having to remove a whole set of metal braces. Okay, I think it’s obvious that I trust these orthodontists with my children’s care and smiles, but I need to say a few things about their staff. They are amazing! From my very first phone call to this office years ago I have only experienced professional, friendly and caring interactions with every single employee in this office. The phones are answered, calls are returned. Scheduling appointments around a child’s hectic schedule can sometimes be a nightmare. This office gets it done without any complaining. And if rescheduling needs to be done it gets done. Every part of the registration process is made easy at the first visit and then you can just breeze in and out of subsequent appointments. But you don’t want to because everyone at that front desk is so pleasant. Amy? I don’t think there are enough kind words to be said about this woman. She handles the financials with each family. Every step is explained thoroughly. You don’t sign anything until Amy is sure that every question is answered. And you will smile the entire time you are in her office. And now onto the technicians. Professional, knowledgeable and friendly are just the first words that come to mind. All three of my children have had positive experiences with these staff members. Think about that. Sitting in a dental chair can be an anxiety provoking moment for anyone and yet, my kids never complained or balked when they were reminded about an appointment. Nothing happens without a full explanation of what is about occur, why it is occurring and what to expect. If a patient seems anxious, everything is done to assure them. Nobody is ever rushed into getting the job done. So many patients and families are seen and these professionals remember little things about each of them. You know that they care. My son and daughter have beautiful smiles now and more importantly a healthy mouth and bite. I know I can expect the same for my youngest. I have recommended Drs. Bridgham and Barr to friends and family and will continue to do so. I think a positive experience is a great way to ensure dental compliance in children and you definitely receive that positivity in this practice.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr Barr was very clear with her explanation of treatment and very helpful in keeping us informed during the year and a half in braces. Our son's teeth look amazing!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

If I had to choose between allowing my children to give in to peer pressure to get braces and be exposed to a 3D XRAY and increased risk of cancer( a fact that every parent and child has a legal right to know), I would choose not to expose my children to the risk. Instead, I would focus on preventing the need for ortho by teaching my son good oral habits- no thumb sucking, swallow correctly etc. Having said that, I have seen the results of many school kids who were treated by Dr. Barr, and she generally makes a good, symmetrical result by keeping all the teeth and aligning them well.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

If we were in Australia, we would bring our daughter to Dr. John Flutter. If we were in England, we'd bring our daughter to the Mew Clinic. As we are in Katonah, we brought her to Bridgham-Barr. We are pleased with how Dr. Barr aligned all of our daughter's teeth without any extractions so that she will not end up with a retracted face, trouble chewing healthy food, an obstructed airway with sleep apnea, and a compensatory forward head position with kyphosis. Dr. Barr was understanding and did not push an artificial, Hollywood smile. Instead, her result was more naturally beautiful.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

In the short time my child has seen Dr. Barr, she has always been very sweet and pleasant. I would highly recommend ! The best office with the best people! Always courteous and friendly ! Thanks Dr. Barr!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

• Humana Medicare
  • Humana PPO
Mail Handlers
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
UnitedHealthcare