Dr. Michael S. Ascher

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Ascher

Incredibly kind, insightful, responsive, thorough, and understanding. Utterly invaluable to my recovery. Developed a fantastic medication regiment for me.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

Absolutely amazing Doctor! Very easy to talk to, calm and smart. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

Absolutely amazing man! He is very kind, exceptionally wise and so easy to talk to. Makes great recommendations/suggestions. Truly a gift!!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr. Ascher provides an exemplary therapeutic experience. He ensures my mental health needs are met by providing therapist referrals, book recommendations and lots of psychoeducation on medication. Thank you Dr. Ascher for your holistic care!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

Amazing doctor. So accessible, so smart, so creative, so caring and so outside the box. Has a huge network of resources and people to utilize to provide the most comprehensive care. I haven’t trusted a doctor this much in a long time. Old world care with new and forward thinking techniques. He is currently treating my son, who is skeptical of the medical field of psychiatry. He has earned his trust and respect. I am forever indebted.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

For the first time in my life I don't feel like I'm just surviving, I feel like I'm living. Gross. Did I really just say that? I sound disgustingly cheesy. But... seriously, I have so much gratitude for Dr. Ascher. I've struggled for more than a decade before finding him. His guidance and resourcefulness has been the determining factor in building forward momentum for myself. Your problem right now isn't finding the right doctor. Congratulations! You did it. Your problem is not realizing you should be contacting Dr Ascher right now to set up an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

He will forever be my most favorite doctor for multiple reasons. Namely, his resourcefulness is constant despite quarterly visits, his observation far surpasses that of other doctors in his field, and his empathy is ineffable. He gets his patients, so he provides the best care. I am grateful for his diligence, knowledge, and commitment to his work!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Ascher. He's knowledgeable, passionate and extremely diligent. Choosing the right doctor in this field isn't easy for me and am very happy to have found him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Ascher is incredibly passionate about his profession and the overall care of his clients. He's resourceful, professional, prompt, and dependable. I am so thankful for his expertise and commitment!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I am so grateful for finding Dr. Ascher. Connecting with a Psychiatrist can be difficult and making this connection is paramount to effective treatment. Dr. Ascher makes this easy. He's calm. He's non-judgemental. He is a modern doctor, reaching out regularly by text and phone. He encourages patients to do the same and remarkably responds promptly. I appreciate his holistic approach in that he believes in multiple treatment options, such as nutrition, exercise and acupuncture. Dr. Ascher is a breath of fresh air!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Michael S. Ascher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Michael Ascher, M.D. is a board-certified psychiatrist who serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor in Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania and is in private practice. Dr. Ascher uses a holistic approach to treat anxiety, depression, substance use problems, Adult ADHD, stress management, work-life balance, career and life transitions, and issues central to the creative process.

• Anxiety
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Complicated grief
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Drug addiction
  • Panic attacks and panic disorder
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

UnitedHealthcare