Ratings for Dr. Vivian Sarabia

Dr.S was my primary at an inpatient treatment centre I stayed at for military service related PTSD. In no way did she ever treat me like "one of the addicts" unlike the rest of the staff there who all assumed I had an addiction just because I was an inpatient there. Dr S took her time with me in session reviewing my weeks and any triggers which arose and my coping skills I used in those situations. She was very thorough and kind to me when I was having a hard time. She really made my stay at that place tolerable cause otherwise I would have bailed.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I saw Dr. Sarabia about ten years ago for emotional issues before I went to AA. I am now ten years sober with no thanks to her. I found her to be judgmental and actually cruel. I had a very challenging relationship with my dad who has now passed. When I came to her in grief and turmoil she turned on me and then discharged me from her care. I think that one star is the lowest rating I could give this doctor but if it was possible I would give her none.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

Dr. Sarabia has been one of the most important members of my recovery "team" and I would not be where I am today without her -- which is nearly 3 years sober and living life to the fullest. She has been kind, supportive and patient. She has listened to me, offered helpful suggestions and advice, and, also always provided the medical / scientific explanations for some of the things I experience, so I can help understand them. She has been both a medical doctor and therapist for me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

I completely disagree with the comments posted here. I have been seeing Dr. Sarabia for 2 years as part of my recovery from alcoholism, and she has been kind, empathetic, knowledgeable and very supportive.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Very condescending, I found her to be extremely rude and not at all empathetic with my situation. She will put you in the same category as every other "addict" and there is NO ROOM for any explanations you have. Definitely not a sensitive, caring doctor. If she thinks she's right, then there is NO convincing her otherwise. Find someone else......anyone else, for your own sanity.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

She will group you in with all addicts no matter what your situation. She was abrupt, judgemental, and every other dr disagreed with her and she still thought she was right. Never ever again. This woman thinks she knows it all

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014