Ratings for Dr. Sean Comstock

He was a nice guy for sure, but his analysis went 180 degrees opposite to all other doctors I had seen over the last 6 years. He seemed to ignore straight forward symptoms of cause and effect of my back, and made his analysis of ONLY what he saw in front of him that day, which as a good day for me. I mostly thought he was NOT wanting to do anything with my type of issue because most surgeons don't want to deal with osteoarthritis of the back, and he also said the LUMBAR DISC DISEASE did NOT exist and it was just a catagory that is converient for systems to use, again...trying to say that I really don't have a back issue...which is very obvous to me and other professionals that I do. Very odd and a rather obstructive and damaging position to take that he know would not help me in any way. He started pointing to possibilities of other diseases and conditions, a sort of shot gun approach to possiblities, but seeing my back as so no source to my pain, neuropathy, weakness, etc...I have very typical symptoms of spinal issues, so this was quite upsetting as it now will be in my record and THE SYSTEM that depends on these type of reports will see this as a wiggle out of coverage, etc. So, I found he NOT only was helpful, he was HURTING my condition and possible help I so desperately need as I am at the end of my patience of my pain that has ruined my life. I am looking for the truth, of course, but not a counter diagnosis to 5 doctors before his, and 2 MRI summaries...he is obstructive and harmful in his actions. I regret ever seeing him.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

He came in as he was not working and attended my wrist that had 2 broken bones. Very kind and very knowledgable and explained everything.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Have met with Dr Comstock twice. He certainly wants patient input rather then telling you what you need. I thought this was nice to feel involved in my own care. I will be having a spinal fusion done sometime in the near future.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014