Ratings for Dr. Joseph Savitz

Terrible beside manner, lack of empathy. I do not recommend this doctor. I sat in a patient room while he complained about American healthcare to his staff for over 15 minutes. When he finally came in the room, he was very abrupt, kept interrupting me, and told me I could leave without giving any explanation on if I was ok or not. When I asked why he did that, he said that Worker's Comp was covering my claim, so it didn't matter. Regardless of how my bill is getting paid, I am a human being and deserve to know what is going on with my own body! I was appalled at how rude he was and hope to never see him again.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I was a patient at AOC and had first hand experience with Dr. Savitz. I have a bulging disc and pinched nerve. After workmen's comp controverted my case. Dr. Savitz's turned his back on me. He informed me that he has to get paid. He informed me not to come back to the clinic because I would be referred back to him. I had to beg him for a referral(he would not give me one otherwise). He ended my care so abruptly, and without empathy for my health. I was taking a anti inflammation medication(meloxicam), and while taking this medication he informed me to take another OTC medication(aleve) when the Rx medication clearly stated not to take any other anti inflammatory medications. This doctor took a oath to treat and care for his patients. This is something that he clearly does not have a concern for unless he's getting a paycheck.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014