Ratings for Dr. Justin Vanderleest

Justin is a very professional physiotherapist.He is so knowledgeable.I have been going to him for several months now and he has been using every treatment he knows to solve my problems.I am not an easy patient as I have multiple issues.Thank you Justin

flag | Submitted December 21, 2019

Don't waste your time or money. Saw him for a series of issues, which he downplayed, then didn't treat me properly or effectively. Also has awful bedside manner. I don't understand all these rave reviews !

flag | Submitted February 12, 2019

Dr. Justin Vanderleest is a very knowledgeable physiotherapist, I came with elbow pain and it took him few minutes to find out what was wrong with me. Took only 6 treatments and I barely feel pain in my elbow, considering I didn't really do any exercises he told me to do at home. He cares about his patience and always comes up with different techniques and treatments. I highly recommend Justin!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

Justin Vanderleest is a very knowledgeable physiotherapist who genuinely cares for his patients. His personalized treatments and communication skills supported my healing from a lower back injury. I've had wonderful care at Citrus medical. The receptionist staff are always helpful and friendly. I highly recommend his services to all my friends.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

I just started with Justin for a knee issue and am very happy with the results so far! He’s knowledgeable and professional and has a way about him that’s very personable and comfortable. It’s important for me to feel like I can talk to my health professionals and Justin is very friendly and non judgmental. I look forward to my sessions and would definitely recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Justin is very knowledgeable and caring. His treatments are effective and innovative. He has a great personality and makes you feel at ease. Definitely recommend seeing him if you are in need of a physiotherapist. I saw him for my knee issues which were bothering me for some time. I am now much more mobile and pain free :) Definitely five stars, heck probably six! -Content Client

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Justin is just" the Best ," !!!! he's treating me for years with different injuries , his knowledge and professionalism makes me go back for him , I'm highly recommend for everyone, he's really care about his patients , and his pretty funny !!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Justin is a great physical therapist. He's very well educated, thorough, kind and funny. I started seeing Justin in 2014 after my car accident for neck and shoulder pain. I'm happy to say I no longer have neck and shoulder pain. He was very thorough and explained the treatments to me. He took his time and made sure I understood how and why I needed to do my exercises. This may explain the reasons why he could be late at times. He doesn't rush you out the door. My son also sees Justin for sports related injuries and again he took his time to explain the injury and the importance of exercises and treatments. I'm back seeing Justin again for a knee injury. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I highly recommend Justin, I truly trust his knowledge and expertise.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

I'm a cancer survivor who suffers from chronic post-treatment pains. It took me awhile to figure out that exercise and physiotherapy together would keep the pains at bay so that I do not have to depend on pain meds. I've been seeing Justin for treatment almost 7 months now. Within 2 months of treatment with Justin, my surgery scar tissues were VISIBLY more pliable, and the pains subsided. I had to see another therapist once, when Justin was unavailable, and suffered bruising for an entire week! Never again! Justin is knowledgeable, humorous, sincere, and puts his patients first, above all else. I highly recommend Justin and suggest he is worth the drive even if you do not live close by.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I've been working with Justin for over a year for knee and back pain. He is very knowledgeable and identifies problems other physios I've been to couldn't. He's not warm and fuzzy but treats his patients with care and respect. I prefer someone I can have an intelligent conversation with to those doctors who put on a fake smile and try to get rid of you as quickly as they can. I would (and have) recommend him to anyone who is in need of physiotherapy. I would

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

Dr. Justin Vanderleest's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Justin graduated with distinction from the University of Saskatchewan in 2005 and developed a busy orthopaedic and sports rehabilitation caseload in Regina. There, he shared the responsibility of treating the University of Regina Varsity teams and developed special interests in pre-season screening, elite training programs and injury prevention. In 2011, Justin took a break from his Regina practice to organize a rehabilitation aide training and employment program to assist overburdened hospital staff in rural Zimbabwe. Upon completion of that program in Africa, Justin returned to Canada to pursue a Master’s degree in advanced orthopaedics and joint manipulation at Western University, a program designed to develop manual therapy expertise. Justin is pa of a small percentage of Canadian physical therapists to have completed that program, which earned him a prestigious fellowship with the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Physical Therapists. Subsequently, Justin moved to Toronto. He has practiced throughout the GTA, building the bulk of his caseload in Mississauga. Currently, he is practicing at The Core Optimum Health and Performance Centre. Justin is a health advisor to the Globe and Mail and contributor to the Huffington Post. Since 2013, he has been a clinical educator for student physical therapists, and currently holds an adjunct lecturer position with the University of Toronto department of physical therapy. Justin competes in several sports at a high level. He was the Saskatchewan provincial squash champion for years. At Western, Justin played varsity squash team winning an OUA team championship and garnering the personal honours of All-Star and Canadian Rookie of the Year. Justin also competed at sprint canoe, winning a team boat national championship in 2006. Justin is also an avid cyclist and runner. In the past few years, he has turned his attention to recreational triathlon, competing in road and cross triathlons across Ontario.

• English

• Western University (Grad. 2012)
  • University of Saskatchewan (Grad. 2005)

• Rotator Cuff Injury