Ratings for Dr. Alyaa Abouzied

She helped me immensely, a knowledgeable and considerate doctor.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Is a gatekeeper, seems very afraid to make any medical stances and refers to specialists. I was feeling unwell and tired for a long time and she just kept doing blood work and sending me to every specialist under the sun. Turned out it was just nutritional and I started to feel better with vitamin experimentation but she wouldn't talk about what she thought or give me anywhere to start, just acted like I was a hypochondriac.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

She was my family doctor. But for reasons unknown (and her staff does not reveal anything), she is not available from the past 6 months. So had to change my family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I liked her very much.. Pleasant and comforting. For once, I am not scared to go to a doc!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I was seeing a doctor outside the city who was just horrible and zombie like. His staff said that he previously lost his license because of drug abuse and have been referring unhappy clients to Dr. Abouzied because she is a relatively new doctor to the area with a reputation for being friendly and caring... but she is refusing to take clients who have been to see another doctor. Her receptionist is very cold and just repeats that its her policy. Doctors are had to come by here and if you have no ability to change doctors you may be stuck with a horrible one and denied adequate treatment. The patients I know from my old clinic who have gotten in to see her have had to lie and say they haven't had a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Wonderful doctor! Would highly recommend. She listens and get's a thorough history.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

So far I am impressed with Dr. Abouzied's punctuality, helpfulness and attention to detail.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

This doctor is really nice but makes assumptions. I'd had a GP before her which was reluctant to change my CT order to an MRI and I was concerned about the radiation to my ovaries. When I switched to her, her receptionist seemed to think I was just jumping doctors to get the result I wanted. When my OBG ordered an MRI Dr. Abouzied acted like I must have coerced her to give me one. As far as I understand MRI is the preferred practice to prevent radiation to the ovaries; I didn't even have to ask the OGB she just referred me and radiology told me they wouldn't even consider a CT. If a test result came back or I went to a specialist I was referred to by the walk in clinic I was going to before finding her as GP she thought I was going behind her back. I found it very juvenile. She also accused me of going to a naturopath because she didn't like something the prescribed. When I told her the doctor who;d prescribed it had been practicing as a licensed doctor in Halifax for 20-30 years she seemed to take it that I was saying the other doctor was more experienced than her but I was just trying to defend the other doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Great Dr so far- Very lucky to have her. Took a thorough case history, apt was timely, empathetic.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

It's so nice to have a doctor that will investigate instead of simply pushing prescriptions. She's positive and willing to listen and recommend treatments. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014