Ratings for Dr. Arris Yannopolis

I love to write positive to review for doctors that do a good job. Unfortunatley, i cannot do that for this doctor. This doctor is very rude and unhelpful. I went in to this doctor for help diagnosing a shoulder injury. After a short exam he determined that it was a frozen shoulder and a strained trapezius. He said that the he would not order an MRI to confirm the validity of this statement and that physical therapy was the only treatment. I then went to another orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion, and he said that there was mostly likely a tear of the rotator cuff and instability of the shoulder joint. He ordered an MRI of the shoulder and it came back saying I had torn my rotator cuff and that I would need surgery. I underwent surgery and had a very successful recovery. If I had listened to this doctor, I would have made the injury much worse and had a much longer road to recovery. Long story short, this a doctor that is aggressive and inapropriatley rude. I wrote this review to warn anyone of this doctor. If i had not trusted my gut instinct to find a second opinion, I would have had a much worse injury and for longer time. Please let my bad experiance be a teaching moment for anyone else with a injury. Please find someone else as I hope no one has to go through this. I am glad I trusted my gut instict to ask for another opinion! Anyone reading this, have a great day!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016