Ratings for Dr. J Giede

I had previous psychiatrists tell me that I obviously had a psychotic condition, but that they couldn't help me at the time; they recommended me to Dr. Giede. I spent around an hour with this man, telling him what I'd been dealing with for years, telling him how scared I was, what my symptoms were based on what previous doctors had said and my lived experiences, and do you know what this cockroach said to me? 'You don't have anything wrong with you, you just hate yourself because you're fat and a 19 year old girl.' Ah yes, because hating myself and being fat causes hallucinations and psychotic episodes (I'm being sarcastic, if that wasn't obvious). Even if that was the case (which it wasn't, and I now have the diagnosis to prove that from an actually competent doctor), what kind of cold, uncaring, nasty individual says that to a clearly scared young person who has no idea how to cope with what's happening to them? I wonder where Dr. Giede lost his humanity. I absolutely would not recommend this man, he's callous at best, and frankly, an abusive bully at worst. I hope he grows up and starts affording his patients the respect and kindness they deserve, or loses his practice for being downright disgusting to other people.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable and communicates well. Very caring. I would highly recommend using him!

Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr Giede Is A Torture Artist, He Prescribed me a deadly cocktail of Haldol mixed with invega risperidone and olazapine against professional medical advice.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015