Ratings for Dr. Alex Ferro

Terrible experience, staff is C- section oriented, I believe they trained them all to say that c- section is much better that normal delivery....Whaaat??? Yes all the nurses repeat the same speech! Be extremely careful, they convince you that babies are bigger than they really are and that is a C- section for sure. Do no go to their office!!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I had a great experience with these doctors. I love the office staff. They are always friendly, patient, and helpful with a great sense of humor. My husband and I really wanted to deliver naturally and the doctors were very patient with this request. I labored for 42 hours, but I did not dilate enough and the baby would not drop. Ferro checked me at 9 am, checked on me all day, tried to help me dilate, but it did not happen. Once I began a fever and vomiting, he then encouraged me to have the C-section for the safety or me and my daughter-- this was at 11:30pm. I never felt rushed into this decision, and I felt he really waited patiently, so I am surprised to hear women stating they felt rushed into a C-section. I recommended them to my best friend and I intend to deliver with them again.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

This doctor convinced me that my baby was macrosomic an in consequence I had a c section, I felt the first incision , baby was normal weight, I had a painful and traumatic recovery, save yourself, find a dr certified FACOG.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Excelent Service. I never have to wait and everyone is extremely friendly.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

I recently had my daughter, Amiya and Doctor Ferro delivered her. My experience was great. I have no complaints about the facility or staff.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

I had my two sons with this office... I dont think I am ever going back with them... My two kids were c section supposedly I have preclmpsia for both of them!! These doctors didn't even try to help or control the blood pressure they just come in the middle of the night to hospitAl to get it over with.. They love to do csection about 70% of the woman there are forced to have a c section.. I will never go to them again! Period I will not go back to my Sinai at all... There staff is helpful n awesome but those doctors don't care about anything just a way to get money out of your. Insurance n not help you.. I also asked michaels n ferro since I was 26 weeks prego for a bedrest letter for work because I wanted to take it easy at work because I have. History of premature labor and doctors refused to help me until 32 weeks pregnant which by then I was already overly stressed out and have high blood pressure going .. At 33 weeks gave labor with dr michaels my son in nicu again it's all scamms

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

The doctors and staff are generally acceptable, but nothing incredible. The fact, that they pushed for csection was a little suspicious. Yet, after the Dr. assured me of not using staples but disolvable stitches, he used staples. While the hospital they are associated with was a terrible experience. Mt. Sinai hospital seemes like its stuck in the 60's, in addition to rude pre and post delivery nurses. And boy can parking get expensive, having to pay five dollars every appt. is ridiculous. Needless to say I will no go back to them.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

Ladies just like many of you when I first called the office to arrange an appointment the front desk staff was incredibly rude... that being said when I arrived to the appointment both the Dr and staff were incredible kind and helpful. I am terrified of blood draws and they were incredibly patient and excellent at their job, I know a few have had rude and unhelpful experiences but we are pregnant hormonal and very short tempered when it comes to our bodies and babies..respect goes both ways ...it cant be easy dealing with us all the time. So far I am very pleased with Dr. Michaels and once inside thought the staff were first class.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2010

This doctor is rough, as another reviewer mentioned, and he will perform unnecessary and unasked for tests. In my experience I went to his office for a pregnancy checkup and he performed a pap smear when I had a pap smear done in his office only months ago. Also, they are expensive and don't comply with in-network insurance companies-- I had to pay a balance on a pregnancy test! They gave me this $40 urine test even though the pregnancy was confirmed via ultrasound!! If this isn't a scam, I don't know what is. I have also heard horror stories of women who have been tested for STDs after delivery simply because they developed a fever during labor. Please find another doctor and office.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

He is an excellent Doctor I had a very good experience with him. He was on top of my baby’s condition at all times. I would have a c-section in a second if my baby’s health was at risk no matter how minimal that risk was. I had a worry-free pregnancy and easy delivery thanks to both Doctors. By the way, Doctors get paid the same amount for a cesarean section delivery than a vaginal delivery.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010