Ratings for Dr. Louis I. Siegelman

Dr. Siegelman and his staff specialize in working with people who have a phobia about going to a dentist. If you don’t have a fear of dentists, I still recommend Dental Phobia NYC because they do great work. The entire staff is supportive and wonderful. I was phobic. It had been 7 years and I was beside myself with fear of going. But I finally went because a tooth had broken and I didn’t want to wait until it became infected and I was in crisis. It was very important that I have a consultation before the doctor looked at my mouth and that’s what happened. We spoke for a long time. Dr. Siegelman is very laid back, gentle, caring and has a good sense of humor. The time of terror in the chair was actually bearable. He was so gentle and calming. I needed a lot of work and the major stuff was all done under anesthesia. But even that is done with the smallest attention to detail: you arrive and get a paper cup with a paper umbrella of meds to relax you. When you are relaxed, you go into a darkened room and lie down on a very comfortable chair. A blanket is wrapped around you. Soft music is playing. And then you are awake and it’s over! Both times I was under I had a ton of work done and virtually no pain afterwards. I have had other work done without anesthesia from both Dr. Seigelman and Dr. Currier and both are gentle and kind and do a great job. No matter how phobic you are, the staff are trained to deal with it. Many patients hadn’t been to the dentist for 20 or more years. Highest recommendation!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Siegelman is knowledgeable and caring. His staff is wonderful. I will not be seeing any other dentist, I have found the one I trust in New York City.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

One of the best Dentist in New York. His team are personable, warm, and really seem to put the comfort of patients first. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

The practice was beyond my expectations....I reside on eastern Long Island and had gone to two different dentists for a questionable tooth that occasionally bothered me. Both dentists wanted to cap two different teeth. ?????? I was referred by a friend of mine that it would be worth my time to go into NYC and visit Dr. Louis I. Siegelman's Dental practice. I was soooo happy that I did. I made an appointment with Dr Currier (Dr. Siegelman's Associate) and she was wonderful and very conservative by saving my teeth. I also was seen by Melissa the Hygienist and that also was a wonderful experience. The staff if very caring and for that they now have a new patient that will be traveling to the city for all my work and cleaning done on my teeth. Thank you for all your honesty.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Siegelmen cracked my tooth and didn't care to fix it. Extremely disappointed and had to spend even MORE money to get it fixed.

Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Louis I. Siegelman

Dr. Louis I. Siegelman's response
We are very sorry that your tooth has cracked. We were unaware that this occurred, but of course, we are available to help. Please give us a call.

Submitted January 7, 2016

How can any one LOVE their Dentist? But Dr. Siegelman and his staff are some of the most caring and supportive people! They give excellent care and are willing to go the extra mile for you. He has a wonderful hygienist working with him and between them I received such amazing care of my teeth and gums. It can be scary to go to the dentist and have them work on your teeth but not here, they keep you so relaxed and calm and no judgements. I have to take some medication for my illness and they alway stay on top of it to make sure that I'm ok. So really how can you not love going to a dentist office like that? Because it is so rare to find one who will take such a personal interest in you.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I've always had a fear of the dentist since I was 5 years old and as I've gotten older my fear has only gotten worse. I reached a point in my life that I really needed help & I'm so grateful to have found Dr. Siegelman and his team. He is such a compassionate Dr. Who really took the time to listen to me and try and understand my fear. Everyone who works for him is really nice & made me feel comfortable. His hygienist, Melissa is one of the nicest hygienist I've ever met and is extremely gentle. I'm really thankful to have found this office. You get what you pay for and having the comfort of having pain-free dentistry is worth every penny!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I went to Dr. Siegelman at the recommendation of a friend. I was greeted warmly by his staff. His hygienist, Melissa is very skilled and gentle. After my cleaning, I also consulted with Dr Siegelman about a troublesome tooth that other dentists had (i) recommended I get a root canal on given the minimal root structure or (ii) proactively consider an implant before the tooth breaks (the tooth has damage from a former wisdom tooth extraction). Dr. S approach the situation with fresh approach, recommending a minimally invasive intervention...music to my ears! The doctor and his team are personable, warm, and really seem to put the comfort of patients first. Dr. S and his team did an A+ job! Looks like I have a new dentist! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I have had dental phobia for as long as I can remember. After moving to NYC area in 2006 I've been searching for someone who would treat me with respect & dignity in light of my fears. I am very happy to say this journey has led to Dr Siegleman. Every single detail of his office is in place to assist the phobic patient. Everyone working in this practice gave me the support & dental care I needed. From the big concerns (not wanting to hear the sounds of dental tools) to the small ones (hailing a cab after my procedure) - they thought of my comfort. I'm thrilled to be a patient in this practice!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Siegelman and his staff are always accomodating and informative. I most recently went in for a cleaning/whitening and they made every effort to fit me in even with my always changing schedule. All of his staff are always friendly and warm! Dr. Siegelman is thorough with not only his check-ups but any question you have he is more than happy to answer. He's the best out there!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr. Louis I. Siegelman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

HealthPartners