Ratings for Dr. D Nixon

I found Dr. Nixon to be kind and patient for me. He was patient enough to take the the time to explain to a deaf patient. I would recommend him for anyone. It's understandable that he is often busy and his expertise is in great demand. Dr. Nixon tries to see and help everyone , but it can be difficult for him to accommodate everyone. When there are so many patients , it can be hard for him to see them all.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

One of the most horrible experiences i have had with this doctor. I would say run as faf away as possible from him, I just saw him in the emergency room at RVH and what a horrible time that was, he was SARCASTIC rude and totally disrespectful to me and my daughter..while he tried to address my issues i was having at the visit his way of executing it was down right rude and insulting. I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Ridiculous! Overbooked at the hospital emergency room...still had to go through the triage process and there were 10 other people ahead of us waiting for him 2 hours after our appt time...the doctor wasn't even in the hospital and the nurse said he said " he'll be there when he gets there"...sounds arrogant and pompous...we left !

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Always overbooked to the point of standing room only. As a result he seems to be rushing through each appt in order to get to the next.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Outstanding staff but it ends there. No credit card or debit card payments. His attitude is 16th century at best. He needs to get with the times, most people don't carry cash in excess of 100.00 dollars. Yes he will lose a small percentage in fees but the convenience to his patients should be the deciding factor not his pocket book. If his patients are not the main concern then I here McDonald's is hiring oops the believe in customer service.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I saw Dr Nixon recently in Emerg. Very busy man, but took the time to answer my questions And got me into his office in a week or so to start the necessary treatments for my eye condition. Office staff was very friendly and helpful. He also did my mother's cataract surgery many years ago and my sister has been seeing him for a few years for injections for macular degeneration. All of us have been very happy with his knowledge and skill level. A bit of a wait in the office sometimes, but totally understandable. He is a very busy man.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

This man should not be allowed to practice. His staff is arrogant and he is never around. It's been 8 months since appoint made and his office keeps moving it. Just told today that the appointment for today is now moving to August. My wife could be blind at this rate before he gets off the golf course.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015