Ratings for Dr. Donald H. Kim

I have been to several pain management Dr.s &5 injections in my back which made the pain worse went to Dr.Kim he took his time & listened to me and after 3 years I'm finally not in pain. Great staff great Dr.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr Kim is a very kind compassionate Dr. He has helped me to manage my pain and helped me with ways to avoid escalating the pain in day to day life. The staff is the best. Never make you feel bad that you are taking pain meds. And believe me that's important. He is also a Christian and for me thats big. Linda was the best but sadly she left. The others are just super sweet. Could not ask for better care.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I am shocked at the negative comments about Dr Kim and staff. I have been patient for about 3 years, never experienced any of issues made by others on this site. Drastically cut amount of meds required to control my pain compared to previous Doctor where I had been going for 14 yrs. Dr Kim always asks appropriate questions re pain levels, how meds working, answers all my questions, has shown how to do exercises to help with some types of pain in order to lessen amount of meds needed for control. Only have had to wait more than 30 min past appt time once in 3 years, fantastic compared to waiting up to 3 hrs past appt time with previous Dr. I always try to be pleasant, respectful--I never start out rude & hateful-does patient attitude contribute to some of these negative comment,???Recently during routine pain med evaluation appointment I was having very serious heart problems Dr Kim spent great deal of time of with me taking care of urgent issue even tho he is my pain management physician, not my PCP, also had his nurse running various tests then advised how much of my meds to take (had brought current meds with me) then recommend I go to ER which I did & I was admitted to hospital for heart problems. If he had not picked up on fact that I was in serious situation I probably would have gone home & possibly waited until too late since I was not aware how serious my problem was. I am so thankful he took the time to assess why I did not look well, then immediately assessing vitals, asking questions, calling my cardiologist. And this was the day he had been overbooked & was running late. Me, my husband, Dr Kim & 2 staff members were only ones still in the building past closing time. A Dr that will spend that much time with a patient when he is already running behind because of procedures that took longer than amount of time allotted and is still there past closing time is in medicine for the right reason---because he is truly cares for patients, even taking care of a serious health problem that he immediately picked up on. I have known doctors & staff who would have said I do not take care of you for that problem you need to call your cardiologist in the morning. I don't believe that I would have made it until morning. As a matter of fact, I asked my PCP for a refill for nitroglycerin tabs when he was writing new prescriptions for other meds & even though my PCP routinely orders heart stress tests, heart xrays, prescribes statin meds & deals with numerous heart issues the PCP refused to give me new prescription for outdated nitro tabs (I don't know any patient that wants to abuse nitro & end up with a headache. So my nitro tabs were not as potent & more had to be used taking longer to get things under control but Dr Kim stepped up when it was a life & death situation. That is what a real doctor does--goes the extra mile when needed.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

Just a great dr listens cut my meds to half of what other Drs were prescribing an feel much better

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

First off, Dr. Kim is a very responsible doctor and he does not just give massive amounts of medications! He helped me cut my meds almost in half! I came from a pain management doctor , who wrote way too much medication! Dr. Kim does everything by the book and on the up and up, so whoever said the OBN (DEA) needs to have him on their radar is full of it! He is no pill mill!!!! He is a terrific internist and pain management doctor. I feel Ike whomever posted all that other nonsense, probably got caught doing something illegal or perhaps got fired and just wanted to get back at him and his practice with false accusations. That's my two cents. Thanks! Reviewed by C.M

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Kim for some time now but feel abandonded as my back problem has greatly exacerbated about a month ago. I called the office to see if I could get medical attention as the pain is horrid only to find out that he had left on a mission trip and would not return for the duration of a month and NO ONE had been left to cover for him, as would have been SOP. The office said to use urgent care but anyone with half a brain knows that if a pain management patient goes there complaining of pain, they will only be branded as 'drug seeking' in worst case and in best case, given medications not as strong as what they're already taking. Seeing another pain mgmt dr is also out of the question as they think one is 'doctor shopping'. I am literally reduced to tears...

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Kim for about 6 months now for pain mangment, I am so relieved to being a patient of his. He is very professional and cares about your well being and helping so you can get the best quality of life while living with pain. On my first visit he was in the examine room for at least 25 minutes so he could understand what else medical issues I have other than pain, so that way he had a total picture of my overall health and on follow-up visits he has spent as much time as needed to review my medical needs and to go over if anything that might have come up sense last visit. Dr Kim is a very caring Dr. And person. Thanks Dr Kim

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

This dr, if you can actually call him one, was HORRIBLE! He lied to me about the results of my MRI. He told me I couldn't go walking or exercise anymore because of my bulging disc. He put me on heavy doses of pain meds. I had a hysterectomy and told him that I would be getting released from the hospital on a Saturday so I would have to get my pain meds filled without calling him. He said that was fine. The next time I saw him he scolded me for filling it! The next time (and last) I saw him he asked me what I had done over the weekend. I told him I cleaned my car and washed it. He then told me my boyfriend should of done it for me. Before I even had a chance to explain I like doing it he told me to LEAVE my boyfriend!! He said that I don't need to be with someone lazy and isn't going to do anything for me! WHAT?! I have never been so mad in my life!! He also told me to basically stop being active. I'm only 31 and was having a hard time adjusting to a life of doing nothing for myself. I quit going to him and found a new dr that said dr Kim had me on too much medicine and that my MRI was almost normal. Stay far away from this so called dr!!!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Kim for over three years. I know he has a deep concern for my well-being and quality of life. He closely monitors my condition (cervical disk disease) and adjusts my medications so I am able to function with a minimum amount of pain. Several times I have had break-through pain that left me unable to sleep or work and he has seen me the very next day. He administered shots to alleviate my pain and provided a quiet room for me to rest in while the medications took effect. During two of these visits he administered a second shot when the first didn’t alleviate the pain. He takes a holistic approach to my situation, evaluating all of the medications I take, making suggestions when there is a better alternative available. He talks with me about my home life, things that stress me, things that make my pain worse. He has made constructive recommendations that have improved my situation. Over the past three years I’ve noticed many people as they interact with his staff. Some of them, I assume, are in extreme pain and are quite irritable or even angry. The staff deals with each person in a professional manner. I have taken the time to get to know Gloria, asking her about her life and work, and have found her to be a wonderful friend. I highly recommend Dr. Kim to anyone who needs a thorough, effective, caring pain management doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Have been going to Dr. kims for seven months. A++++

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Donald H. Kim's Credentials

• Spartan Hlth Sci Univ, Vieux Fort, St Lucia (Grad. 1997)