Ratings for Dr. Arvind V Kulkarni

I was referred to southern gastroenterology by my primary care physician because I constantly vomit and have diarrhea, which is no fun! My doctor was Dr. Kulkarni. My initial visit, I spent most of my time waiting in the room, which is fine if the doctor is good, but he was very cold when he finally arrived. I immediately felt like I was inconveniencing his day. I gave him my previous records from my old gastro doctor, and tried to explain my issues, only to be constantly interrupted; being told "ok, ok" as if to rush me. He ordered me an upper endoscopy. Immediately following the procedure, he stated that I had gastroporesis, and a hiatal hernia. He ordered 2 more procedures which included a gastric emptying study at the local hospital. As far as results go, I was always told "no news is good news." I was never followed up with. I called twice to schedule a follow-up, but only received a call back when I told my PCP that I never was followed up on. By the time my appointment rolls around, it has been 3 agonizing months. I waited in the office for an hour and a half, then called back to a room, only to wait another 35 minutes. When Dr. Kulkarni comes in, he is flustered and rushed. He only had notes from our first visit, which did not include the 3 procedures performed. He stated, "looks like everything is normal." What? I had to tell him that he diagnosed me with gastroporesis and a hiatal hernia. Then he asked what medication he had prescribed to me? I told him that I was never prescribed anything. Then he looked perplexed. I asked him why he never followed up with me, he stated "that's not my job, you're not my only patient." I told him that wasn't my problem that he is overbooked, and he should take it up with his scheduler. I have never felt so mistreated by a supposed professional. I told him I wanted my records so I could go somewhere else. He refused to give me my records, and I also had to pay for a service that was never given. Dr. Kulkarni said "We're done here," and pointed to the door. I kept demanding my records, which were in his hand, but he childishly refused. I declared how wrong it is to withhold someone's records, knowing that I have something wrong with me. I traveled over an hour, and waited for 2 only to be treated like absolute dirt. This guy should not be in practice.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014