Ratings for Dr. Samuel M. Lam

Dreadful experience. Unskilled hands, not competent. His thinks he is a better surgeon than he is. Complete narcissist

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

Dr. Lam deformed my face, uneven eyes with one eye being more slanted the the other, lumps of scar tissue irregularly permanently embedded in my skin. There was so much inflammation and scarring it restricted my facial movements and in fact causes bruising/pain from the jagged edges of the scar tissue when you try to move. He then tries to cover up his mistake by using a gag order so that the public does not find out what he has done to me. Dr. Lam destroyed my face, took away quality years of my life, and now I had to see various top specialists and also had to go overseas to get his work fixed. I’m still not back to what I used to be, and seeing Dr. Lam turned out to be big burden on my bank account. This fees are high but not nearly as he cost to fix his mistakes. I would love to post photographs of complications of his procedures but then I am no longer anonymous and would be in a legal scuffle for not abiding by Dr. Lam’s gag order. He has not made any attempts to fix his error by referring me to specialists experienced in fixing botched surgeries but instead he wanted to put in MORE in the eye sockets that after seeing more experienced doctors would have been an egregious mistake and would have affected my eye movements if he had done this. He should have paid for my visits to get his work repaired for more experienced doctors who deal with corrective surgeries, not make the PROBLEM WORSE AND AFFECT MY VISION/EYE MOVEMENT by putting in more filler that caused this problem in the first place with all the fibrosis/stiffness/pain. He never makes appropriate amends but covers up his mistakes and scares his patients from coming public. A competent, responsible physician might offer an apology and financial compensation to get this fixed, if not then appropriate referrals to the best surgeons to correct his mistakes, not silence you with a gag order to keep what he did to me a secret.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

I am permanently left with scarring, obvious facial asymmetry and deformities, that I’ve seen many other plastic surgeons to fix but this is nearly impossible unless I get a new face transplant. I GET STARRED AT IN PUBLIC EVERY DAY AND PEOPLE ASK WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. I can’t publish photos because of his gag order and privacy reasons, but trust me on this IF YOU SAW MY PHOTOS YOU WOULD BE HORRIFIED. After what he has done to me, the way he covers up his mistakes by using a gag order to prevent this from getting out in the public is ridiculous. I have to see what this irresponsible doctor did to me everytime I look in the mirror. For what he has done to me, he owes me compensation for the specialist visits, time, medications but he has never even offered that. It disgusts me I am in this position because he performed a medical procedure on my face that I DID NOT WANT and constantly REFUSED despite him pushing me. IF ONLY HE HAD DONE THE PROCEDURES I ASKED FOR NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED AND I WOULDNT BE IN THIS SITUATION NOW. I will continue telling my story until he is held accountable for what he has done to me or until his license is revoked. He owes me thousands of dollars that I invested just to fix his mistakes, his lack of responsibility to document his findings properly and get informed consent left me with this monstrosity that I have to live with for the rest of my life and had impact on my bank account just to fix his mistakes.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

I had my final Miradry session with Dr. Lam yesterday. My plastic surgeon recommended him. I have always had a strong smell under my arms. After the first session, I saw a very big improvement; it was about 70% better. I am expecting the best with my second. So far, I’m very happy about my results. I really recommend the procedure to anybody that needs it.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr. Lam for about 10 months. Recently, he did my microsilicone injections for my acne scarring. I found Dr. Lam online. He is a really talented doctor. I am definitely happy with my results. This has been a life changing experience for me. I couldn’t go out without makeup for the last 10 years, but now I can. I am no longer ashamed. This experience with Dr. Lam has been a dream.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I saw Dr. Lam at Lam Facial Plastics for fillers yesterday. I was impressed with the way you're treated from the moment that you walk in the door, to the time that you leave. It is amazing, very one-on-one and hands-on. They take great care of you and I just had a wonderful experience yesterday. Originally, I decided on Dr. Lam because I have a friend that works for him, and she has spoken very highly of him. As a woman, I am at that age when it's necessary to just do a little something so that you don't look so tired all of the time. Everything went so well. I did not have any bruising. I was sore last night, but the swelling is already almost gone, and it looks fabulous. Here's the thing, I would want to recommend Dr. Lam, but I don’t want everybody to know about him, if you know what I mean. He is just fantastic.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I had fat grafting done in my face after losing it to a laser. The result was ok but I needed more and part of the price was that I could come back for more at no extra charge. So since I lived a plane ride away I came back after Dr. Lam saw photos and agreed I needed more. When I got there he said I didn't need more. What a waste of money to travel there! However, I didn't push him because obviously he couldn't see what needed to be done. He is only good at certain areas of the face, mainly cheeks, but other than that I wouldn't go to him. Also, the area he took the fat from in my lower abdomen now has a noticeable dent in it! I subsequently had another surgery from a much better surgeon who didn't leave any dents. In my opinion Dr Lam is overrated which he has a hand in as he is big on marketing himself. If this review disappears he is also dishonest. His staff is very nice though.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I had the double eyelid blepharoplasty with Dr. Lam on August 3rd. I found him through an online search. Dr. Lam was friendly and helpful with the procedure, which I have been wanting to do for a while. So far, I am happy with my results. The recovery has been good. I am happy that my results do not look fake; my eyes look natural.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr. Lam and his staff were wonderful. I had FUT transplant for hairline and I was amazed as to how easy it was to have it done. I expected pain but had only a small headache, didn't need any of the pain meds except Ibuprofen. I did have some shingles-like lesions on my forehead after I got home, and Dr. Lam called in some meds for it, which resolved within 2 days. I also got followup calls and texts from Dr. Lam to be sure all was going well. Emina was wonderful also, answering all my questions before and afterward. They are very knowledgeable and professional and obviously have a lot of experience. I would definitely recommend them for HT. All of the staff are so personable and sweet and easy to talk to. I give a 5 Star Rating!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

There are many, many FAKE positive reviews here. I hope all understand that docs (and others) can pay to have only positive reviews shown and negative reviews deleted. He's on time and his staff are wonderful, but he is awful. Don't do it. Whatever he's selling you, don't fall for it!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

Dr. Samuel M. Lam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

MB Health