Ratings for Dr. William A. Merva

I would like to know where the previous poster got the information included in his/her review. I have searched all medical records of sanctions and/or disciplines and find no such charge. Could this author have another doctor in mind? Other family members, as well as myself, have been seeing Dr. Merva for more than 15 years. WV is lucky to have a physician of his caliber. He is a heck of a diagnostician. He was able to correctly diagnose and treat a seizure disorder in my mother, who had been turned away from West Virginia University as untreatable. He also cleared my migraines and offered alternative methods for treating my intractable pain. His manner is above reproach--professional,kind and caring. He is able to translate complex medical jargon into information easily understood by patients. I have sat in his office when a physician from Duke called to consult with him about a patient at Duke. Yes, you wait to see Dr. Merva, but it's well worth the wait! Best of the best!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I went to this Dr. for over 10 years and I knew the entire time he was abusing drugs. He finally got caught but still has the ability to practice. My wife double checked every Dx I was given. He is on probation with the AMA. He has violated his probation 1 time that I know of. Will never go back to him!!! Plus the office schedules patients at 10:00am but they know he will not arrive until after 1:00pm. Office staff allowed his drug abuse by not reporting him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Dr. William A. Merva's Credentials

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1985)

MSP/BC Med