Ratings for Dr. Rachel Vandermeer

From my experience, Rachel should be a Meteorologist, not an Oncologist, as she merely speculates the outcome of most things associated with my wife's cancer, who is a breast cancer victim. If Rachel does have an answer, she usually changes it later on as I feel she is not certain on some things that she should have a solid understanding of; being classified as a Doctor or Professional. For example, Rachel suggested that my wife have her ovaries removed as overproducing Estrogen is what caused my wife's cancer in the first place. Rachel said this would allow for better treatment options as well, however; this procedure actually caused my wife's ureters to fail due to scar tissue from this operation, moreover; the treatment drugs were bogus and didn't work whatsoever. After multiple surgeries by 2 Urologists, including having 2 external bags in place to pee into, my wife is left with metal stents in place which need to be switched out annually. Rachel is clearly a huge fan of Big Pharma and is quick to prescribe cancer medication / chemo etc. with total disregard for the benefits of using cannabis, God's gift to humans who have an endocannabinoid system. Rachel is deficient when it comes to communicating with her patients, her own office, Oncology department, and other departments within the St. Catharines Hospital / Walker Family Cancer Centre. I have received endless phone calls at home from Rachel's office looking for my wife when my wife was already admitted to the hospital where Rachel is employed. Dr. Vandermeer recently neglected my wife while she puked her guts out for 9 straight days while admitted to St. Catharines Hospital. I had to finally reach out to the NHS Leadership team, link below, to call attention to this despicable matter: https://www.niagarahealth.on.ca/site/leadership-team The St. Catharines Hospital Emergency Department is a disgrace, making cancer victims wait in agony, crippled over in a chair for 8 hours in the waiting room before seeing a doctor; unable to have a pillow as they only have enough pillows for each hospital bed. Keep paying those taxes sheeple. In conclusion, my experience with Dr. Vandermeer has been one of disgust as I feel Rachel's first priority is securing her paycheck, not her patient's well-being. Go elsewhere for proper care.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018