You may also like

Ratings for Dr. M Fox

I would not recommend Dr Fox to anyone. He is terrible with kids and he doesn't care or listen to your concerns. And i wish i could just file a complaint against him for his carelessness and ignorance. The story is that i took my 1.5 year old daughter to her check up and immunization and it was the first time for me to see Dr Fox. My baby had a cold for over 3 weeks and she had a fungal infection in her toe nail for over 2 months. He said nothing is wrong with her and he can't do anything to her nail because she is so young. When he wanted to take her measurements, my baby started crying and pushing and didn't stay put so I told him give me 1 min to calm her down. He said " i dont have time to wait." Are you serious? Who do you think your dealing with? A 20 year old adult? He did't even try to be funny or playful with her so she could accept taking her measurements. So when he was done he didn't say anything regarding the measurements like if they were ok or not. And he just gave me a number for me to call and book an appointment for my baby because she doesn't speak as many words as he wants it to be. And again he didn't tell me the causes and the results of the delay in speech. So i took my baby the next day directly to a walk in clinic. I saw an amazing doctor there and told me she had an ear infection and prescribed antibiotics and he also referred me to a dermatologist for her toe nail. I was so happy he did that!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I found many comments on here helpful regarding his attitude and interacting with parents. I have experienced it first hand. The comments about being understanding about divorced parents I don't agree with at all. I have never received any sense of respect from this man. My son's Mom is happy, but I am on the other hand subjected to a judgmental attitude and strange questions. He has also displayed an attitude and showed no patience for my son who was scared about a flu shot.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Dr. Fox' interaction with both my boys and myself is top notch! He speaks to me as one parent to another and very sweet to my boys. He always has the time and I never feel rushed when visiting. He is very approachable and kind and his knowledge is extensive and always bang on.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Fox & his office staff have always been more than accommodating and helpful. We especially appreciate his discretion given our family's circumstances & estranged parents. We always receive a prompt reply when requesting appointments. Dr. Fox listens carefully to both our grandchild as well as us, then carefully prescribes the medication or provides the advice needed. He's never rushed & remarkably on time. We appreciate his calm & gentle manner but mostly the attention he pays to details. He makes us feel like more than just a patient he's treating but genuinely concerned about our well being. Although the office staff are obviously busy they don't miss any detail. They do seem to be very task orientated which can translate as a little abrupt but they are also very compassionate. I would highly recommend Dr. Fox to any family seeking expert & professional care.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

My son has been seeing Dr. Fox sincehe was born 19 months ago and every time he has been informative, considerate and kind. I'm seriously contemplating on keep him as my sons' ped. even after we move an hour+ away because no one can compare. I would absolutely recommend him as a Pediatrician

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Michael J. Fox helped our new born infant get transferred to Sick Kids hospital in downtown Toronto after he was born. My son is doing fine now. We had at that time decided to see Dr. Fox since he seemed to have dealt effectively with the medical issues initially. As the relationship between Dr. Fox, myself and especially my wife developed, we found him, in routine visits, to be increasingly unpleasant, unkind, uncaring. Perhaps the government health care system--for which there is no self-interested incentive to deliver high quality interactions--is the ultimate institutional culprit. He seems to know, but he doesn't want to tell us certain things, such as what medicines to give our child if we travel to China: "Go visit the travel clinic," is his minimal, curt, abrupt reply. His mind as a caring, interested, enthusiastic scientist and practitioner seems unable to function freely in this coercive system. Sadly, we will find another doctor or try to do so :-(

flag | Submitted August 3, 2013

Doctor Fox is hands down the best doctor I have every encountered. Extremely knowledgable with no BS. We love him! He is direct and to the point and my family likes that. He eases our minds about the little worries that parents have and that is invaluable to me. He is also on time, every time! It's amazing that he is able to accomplish this and shows he really respects his patient's time. He also has a very dry sense of humor which is really funny. But I can see how some people might take this as him being rude or uncaring. In reality, it's his way of being funny and whimsical during every appointment. It may take some getting used to by those who are not as light hearted as Dr Fox.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. Fox has been nothing short of fantastic for our daughter. He's always very considerate of our daughter's fears for the two years he's been seeing her and she is absolutely thrilled to see him every time she needs to go. As a parent looking for a doctor and not someone to BS me, Dr. Fox is a breath of fresh air. He is clearly an advocate for practical parenting and not worrying to death. His diagnoses have always been spot on, without fail. I would recommend Dr. Fox to anyone looking for a new ped.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Dr.Fox is fantastic! I was dealing with serious health problems and could barely move from joint pain for a year, and I had seen many doctors who had told me that they didn't know what it was and to lose weight (which I did without changing anything, 30 pounds in under 3 months, this happened because of an undiagnosed and untreated disease)but Dr.Fox treated me like I really was sick and that he needed to figure it out. When I went to his appointment the second time he said "I've been thinking about this a lot", which made my mom cry because she was so relieved that someone finally cared. He has a funny sense of humor that some may think is him being annoyed. He's VERY knowledgeable. My past symptoms had been diarrhea, abdominal pain, joint pain and swollen eyes and the second I walked into his office and showed him nickle-sized bumps on my legs he was able to diagnose me (as best he could without scopes) with crohn's, which scopes done at Mc.Master hospital later proved to be true.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

Dr. M Fox's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I would not recommend Dr Fox to anyone. He is terrible with kids and he doesn't care or listen to your concerns. And i wish i could just file a complaint again..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. " I found many comments on here helpful regarding his attitude and interacting with parents. I have experienced it first hand. The comments about being understan..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fox' interaction with both my boys and myself is top notch! He speaks to me as one parent to another and very sweet to my boys. He always has the time and ..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Fox is funny, great with kids, treats you with respect and is never late - so easy to get in and out. Love him"

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fox & his office staff have always been more than accommodating and helpful. We especially appreciate his discretion given our family's circumstances & est..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My son has been seeing Dr. Fox sincehe was born 19 months ago and every time he has been informative, considerate and kind. I'm seriously contemplating on keep ..."

September 23, 2014