Ratings for Dr. Judith McBride

I'm in surprised agreement with Feb. 11/15 review. I was wondering if it was just me, or does she treat all her patients so strangely. I recall her secretary voicing some dissent about someone, to which Judith replied "He's an actor!". About a minute after that, I mentioned an article I'd just read in one of the journals sitting around that exactly described my own situation. She was not interested in this moment of self-diagnostic serendipity, but confronted me with the baffling imperative, "Don't act!". I looked up in bewilderment and mumbled uncomprehendingly, "Yeah?" To which, with no further elaboration, she re-iterated, "Don't Act!" The exclamation mark is no embellishment. She was just below hollering-decibels. It occurred to me later that if I were the one she was referring to just previously, then she was dangerously skirting the boundaries of actionable defamation, let alone strikingly unprofessional dysfunction. Sessions consisted of almost knee-to-knee staring, and I'm no extrovert. Apparently she either didn't sense this, as most sensitive therapists would, or else regarded it as a psychic defect that called for brute-force adjustment. I expressed regrets of the loss of one of her two dogs Joshua and Caleb. Apparently this didn't win me any checkmarks to counterbalance my suspect thespian tendencies, and I recommend that if you feel any discomfort whatsoever about your initial session that you find someone else. I'm of the opinion that she is one of those people who, irrespective of his or her professional training, considers anyone who does not match her internal profile of what a proper personality is, is not merely not in any need of medical assistance, but is somewhat lesser in character-development than a Rob Ford or Stephen Harper. Having said that, I will leave this review with this one credit to my time with her: she advised that anyone and everyone needed a structured life, and as I was certainly lacking in that department, it made up for the damage caused and wasted time.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I don't know if this woman is still practicing. I saw her many years ago and still feel the pain of that visit. Her office was in her house and she arrived late and then took time to take her garbage out and put something in the oven. I started to talk to her about something that was very personal and painful. She kept gazing out the window and after about 10 mins told me I should go home and stop feeling sorry for myself. After years of struggling, I have been diagnosed with severe and complex PTSD, which she might have figured out if she had bothered to listen. I detest this woman.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015