Dr. Atif Iqbal

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Atif Iqbal

I had achalasia and suffered for 4 years. Dr. Iqbal performed my surgery. He was there with me the entire time and checked up on me before & after the surgery to make sure i was doing well. I am now recovering and he is still checking up on me and is very compassionate. I would highly recommend him. My experience with Dr. Iqbal and the staff at his office in fountain valley was extremely welcoming and really well. Very amazing Doctor with many skills and definitely the heart and care for others.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

There no words to describe Dr Atif Iqbal he had saved my life and thousands of other patients two I been suffering from over weight all my life and my health for many years he did my Gastric bypass surgery on May 2017 almost 4 Months ago I have lost 80 pounds already I'm very blessed to meet him in my life his a great Doctor a great person and excellent friend I recommend him to all people who need a change in our life again for a better health to a new us. Thank u soo much. Sincerely. Carolina Vargas

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I was refer to Dr Iqbal by my insurance and I thank God that he put me in good hands. Dr Iqbal made me feel comfortable since first day..he truly cares of his patients. I had my surgery on 9/7/16 I'm 9 months out and lost 136lbs I just had my 9 month Check up today and Dr Iqbal was surprised he hardly recognized me.. But it's all thanks to him that I'm the person im right now.. Thank you Dr Iqbal and staff Maria Alvarez

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Front office doesn't always answer calls which I understand maybe because on another line but they don't return messages you have to keep calling until they answer

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr. Iqbal is a wonderful doctor/surgeon! I had the Lapband put in in 2011 through another weight loss center. Once my insurance changed, I had to pay out of pocket for my fills. It was hard to see a doctor without having to drive more than 30 miles, especially when my band would be too tight. I was referred to Dr. Iqbal by my PCP. It was easy to get through and make an appointment. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Iqbal right from the start. We were able to get a scan done and found out that my bad had slipped. He was able to schedule emergency surgery in order to remove my band. At this point, we are discussing future goals in my weight loss journey. I never wait more than 20 minutes to be seen, my questions are always answered, and I feel like I'm able to discuss any and all concerns that I have. I'm grateful that I was referred to Dr. Iqbal!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Last September I weighed 364 lbs. I rode a scooter at work as a teacher and had a walker. I was disabled because of my weight. My daughter started talking to me about weight loss surgery, particularly the gastric sleeve. I investigated and had previously tried the lap band, which had slipped and been removed. I had also quit smoking the year before. My children are grown and getting ready to have babies. I decided I wanted to live. So I started dieting, something I was always good at, and lost weight. The problem was that I always gained it back. I wanted a more permanent solution and started the process in February to get the sleeve. I met Dr. Iqbal, after researching for a good surgeon, and he was very hopeful for a good outcome. I had the surgery on July 12, 2016. I just had my three month follow up and am four lbs away from 100 lbs. gone! I am so happy with the results. Dr. Iqbal is a wonderful, kind man, who is concerned with saving lives. He asked me to write a review, stating only that my words could save a life. He wasn't looking for more business; he wants to save lives. He makes statements like, "God bless you" and "You are such a wonderful example of how this surgery can save a life." He always shakes my hand and has a smile on his face. He made me feel totally at ease about going through this transition in my life. If you're looking for a surgeon that cares and wants you to live, and will be there for you all the way; look no further! He is it! Thank you Dr. Iqbal! I owe you my life and a life filled with grandchildren. God bless YOU! BTW no more scooter, no more walker, no more high blood pressure meds and I walk with my Fitbit 8,000+ steps a day!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

My wife had surgery(gallbladder removal)three weeks ago; she is healthy with no more stomach pain,back pain or chest pain after any meal(!) THANKS to Dr.Iqbal. Thank you Dr. Iqbal for your kindness, knowledge and thoughtful with my wife in order to prepare her for surgery. Dr.Iqbal explains every detail you need to know and answers all the questions you ask. Dr.Iqbal talked to us before surgery and talked to me after. The recovery process was quick, no complications. Excellent surgeon! Thank you Dr. Iqbal.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

My friend recommended Dr. Iqbal, because he performed the LINX surgery on one of her friend's sons with spectacular results. Upon my consultation with Dr. Iqbal and two subsequent tests, it appeared my hiatal hernia made me ineligible for the LINX surgery, but I was able to have the Nissen surgery. Dr. Iqbal is extremely kind, caring, and patient. He made himself available to answer my questions at any time (and I had a lot of questions, given the amount of conflicting information online regarding the Nissen surgery). When I had the surgery, he took extra time both pre-op and post-op to brief my friend on what to expect. He is an expert surgeon. I am in the middle of my third week after the surgery, and with the exception of some shoulder pain the first day, I have had no pain. He provided detailed instructions on what to do while you are healing and told me to contact him should I have any questions. I had a follow-up appointment on my two-week mark and am scheduled for an appointment three months from now. I've had acid reflux for three and a half years due to a hiatal hernia. After trying everything from modified diets, to therapy, nothing worked, and my symptoms were just getting worse. Already three weeks post-surgery, and I cannot begin to tell you how much this has changed my life for the better. I know surgery isn't for everyone, but if it becomes necessary, I cannot recommend a better surgeon and doctor.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Dr. Iqbal is an excellent surgeon with the kindest personality and a fabulous sense of humor to make anyone feel at ease when having to discuss such intimate medical issues. I had a double hernia for which doctor performed a type of surgery that only required 3 small incisions through my belly button and lower area. Only because is he highly trained in his field, was he able to do this type of surgery on a hernia and not have to cut me open with a long recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Iqbal not only for his surgical expertise but his caring, calm and outgoing personality as well as his superb staff - they are all super nice and extremely efficient! When faced with this type of surgery the last thing you want to deal with is an inexperienced surgeon with a dry personality. Dr. Iqbal will put you at ease straight away and explain in terms you can understand what he is proposing to perform and what the results will be. But I also want to state that I am in excellent health and take great care of myself, hence my recovery was enhanced by my state of fitness for which assisted the rapid recovery period. A great surgeon you will find in Dr. Iqbal and someone who will be up on all the latest procedures to better benefit your health and recovery!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

I was diagnosed with GERDS when I was 18 years old and suffered from severe acid reflux and heartburn for 6 years. I was referred to Dr. Iqbal and from the very first meeting he was caring, knowledgeable, and nurturing to my symptoms. He recommended a couple tests which confirmed that I had a pretty severe hiatal hernia in my esophagus. Dr. Iqbal performed Nissen fundoplication surgery and skillfully repaired my stomach and esophagus. Not only is he extremely talented but he is also thoughtful with his patients. Due to insurance complications, he ended up having to do my surgery on a Friday afternoon, which he normally doesn't do. Dr. Iqbal made sure to explain the surgery, provide his cell phone number, and check up on me prior to and after the surgery. I am extremely grateful for him and feel so lucky to live the rest of my life symptom free.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016