Ratings for Dr. Christopher J. Aho

Performed major surgery on my mom we could be happier with results her pain is gone!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Dr. Aho literally saved my life!!! I had unbearable back pain for 10 years, and when it came to the point of crying all night and most of the day, I was referred to Dr. Aho.... I was sleeping on my knees on the floor and could find NO pain relief WHATSOEVER!!! Dr. Aho reviewed my MRI, explained the illustrated problem and told me he could change my life...... I had the spinal fusion with rods and screws, and IMMEDIATELY upon waking from the surgery, my hideous back pain was GONE!!!! It took 3 months to recover, and the first month was hard because of the surgical incision, but with hard work and great physical therapy, I was re-introduced to life with no back pain!!! Dr. Aho's surgery was the BEST thing I EVER did in my life, and I only wish I would have seen him sooner!!! I will ALWAYS do whatever Dr. Aho tells me to do, since he is AMAZINGLY TALENTED at what he does!!! I recommend that ANYONE with back problems should see Dr. Aho.... he is my HERO!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

SURGERY WAS AWFUL! Crippled patient. Had to go for more surgery to correct his mistakes. Thank God the next surgeon knew what he was doing

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

I have had a degenerative spine problem for years and was recommended to Dr. Aho. The wait just for the consultation was over 2 hours. And that was after having been rescheduled twice before. I found him quite unfriendly and difficult to communicate with or understand. However, I was hoping his surgical skills would compensate for his bedside manner. My surgery was 6 months ago and I still have the same symptoms I had before. Numbness, tingling on my left arm and leg as well as pain. He has given me pain med after pain med which is not what I prefer. My primary physician recommended a muscle relaxant instead of a pain med and that has helped substantially. He never suggested anything of the sort. And for follow-up his office is always hours behind and he doesnt seem to suggest anything but pain medication and further surgery. I don't find him competent nor helpful. And I question his knowledge base. His surgical skills haven't helped me either. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Dr. Aho performed a posterior and anterior cervical spine surgery. He is very caring, knows his stuff and always took the time to answer all our questions. Both surgeries went well...my spine case was severe. We visited several doctors in this field and he was the best and with the newest techniques. If I had to do it all over again..he would be the one doing my surgeries.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

Dr. Aho performed my complex spinal surgery with excellent results, and his follow up has made the recovery unusually rapid. He was highly recommended by other neurosurgeons, and received his training from outstanding doctors in his field. Since he is a young doctor, he is current on the most recent techniques. He is very caring, focuses on the well being of his patients, and is also an excellent communicator about all aspects of the surgery. I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2007

Dr. Aho is the sweetest neurosurgeon i have ever met. His office appointments run a bit late. however, when you get to see him, he makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world, which i think is his philosophy. he dutifully explained my surgical options and we decided on conservative management. i think his judgement is superb and if i have surgery someday, he is the person to do it. good man

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

outstanding doctor; i shopped around for a neurosurgeon for a long time. dr. aho was caring, knowledgable and a consummate professional. my spine fusion went flawlessly. i am completely satisfied with the results

flag | Submitted April 25, 2007

Dr Ajo is either very uncaring or inexperienced, I cant tell. I would not recommend him to anyone, unless you want to waste your money, time and sanity. Unacceptable outcome.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2006

Dr. Christopher J. Aho's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1999)