Ratings for Dr. Tina Matthews

You might as well just go to a walk-in. It will take less time. I'm pretty sure the office schedules like 5 appointments for the same time. If your office is chronically 1+ late you NEED more than 6 seats in your closet sized waiting room. Last heads up, need a form filled out? Most doctors charge 20-50 per page. She charges 80 per page.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

She is a fabulous doctor, however, I did stop going to see her in the last year when it became more and more cumbersome to first, get and appointment, and second, when I did get and appointment, I would have to wait for an hour for 5 minutes of Dr. Matthews time, not to mention having Anna knocking on the door, are you kidding me, I just waiting an hour and now I get the knock on the door. Half of the time, I have noticed when I would go in, there would be no one in the waiting room, personally, I think she is losing her clientele because she charges for every little thing and "one problem per visit", who has time for that??? She is losing patients because patients are fed-up of the poor treatment and paying out of pocket for treatment! I starting sing walk-in clinics, at least they are quick and get what you need!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I was a patient of Dr Matthews years ago and I had to change as the service I received from her and Anna was horrible. The location that I received my first tattoo was under investigation and we were all asked to take HIV and Hepatitis tests I was 19 at the time and very scared when my results came in I was worried and stressed when Anna called me to say the results were in I asked her if I had anything to worry about she said that I had traces of hepatitis and I said what does that mean she then told me it was like having HIV but not AIDS... I then had an appt with Dr Matthew who explained because of my hepatitis vaccination I have traces in my blood like all young people my age...imagine my surprise that Anna still works there. i also remember always having to wait for Dr Matthews in the mornings as she was always late I now go to Patient Networks and Dr. So is wonderful!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

I am so incredibly happy that I have switched my physician and no longer have Dr. Matthews anymore. I would schedule myself to have the first appointment of the day, and it would still take almost 30 minutes to an hour to be seen with zero apologies. It seemed like they scheduled about 5 other people at the same time. The waiting room has very few seats, resulting in you having to wait outside or stand or the cramped messy space. I could almost NEVER reach the receptionist by phone - when I did, she would refuse to call the pharmacy for me but would insist that I call the pharmacy to have them give her a call. Despite having a clean bill of health and a clear pap test, I would have to come in to have my birth control prescription renewed. The office quickly became FULL of advertisements for "wellness" aka vitamins that could be purchased at their office. I always felt like I was being sold something which was incredibly uncomfortable. Whenever I did have any concerns, I felt like they were ignored. I needed to have a form filled out for work in which all she did was sign it and then charge me $45 cash (no cash machine on premises). Do yourself a favour: change your doctor.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Love Dr. Tina Rose Matthews. She is a Great Listener!!! I would highly recommend her!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I have had Doctor Matthews for my Family Doctor since 1987, lately its a pain to go to see her, I am on a strict medication routine for these issues, I called in after not going to see her for 6 months, to ask to have her put a few extra roll outs for my prescription and I was told i would get only a weeks worth. She said "I cannot renew it until you come in for your yearly visit" I told her, my condition hasn't changed, but the added stress of having to call in sick at work, just to get an appointment, she works like 9-4 and I work 10-6 but commute 2 hours one way. She is like "Sorry these are my hours". Personally I like Dr. Matthews she has always been friendly and courteous and her medical knowledge is good. She does generally care about me. But her drive for $$$ is I think what keeps her going, not her desire to serve her patients. Every time I go there it costs me money, 40 bucks a page for sick letters... Doesn't accept CC or Cheques, cash only. Another issue i have is that its really hard to like someone who goes out of their way not to work with you. I am seeking another family doctor through my family as i cannot keep missing work to meet with her. If she was just more flexible and patient orientated, it might be a good thing.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I last rated Dr. Matthews in 2009 and because of the change in the service being provided, I am rating her again. First, the office never seems clean. Second, the office assistant (who I previously rated at a 2) is not only unprofessional/disinterested, but on several occasions she has given me incorrect information when I have called for my test results. Third, she is never on time, and for someone who now insists one medical issue per appointment, I can't understand why I still have to wait 45 minutes. And fifth, the change in attitude. I used to find Dr. Matthews attentive, informative, concerned, and thorough, but not in the last couple of years. She prescribes medication more freely than before and there's less discussion about alternative treatments. Follow up on tests is poor. I've had to remind her of what we've discussed, or on a couple of occasions I've argued with the assistant that I would rather have the doctor interpret my test results and not her. Another change is that she's more focused on inputting information onto her laptop than interacting with you. Lately I'm not sure she's even listening. I have been going to her for approximately 15 years, but am now in the process of looking for another GP.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I have been going to Dr Matthews for more than a decade. She has a great bed side manner and she comes across as caring. But I have to agree with a lot of the other posts. I usually try to book my appt first thing in the morning and when I get there the waiting room is full and she has not arrived. She used to push the vitamins but does not so much anymore (and yes she was getting kickbacks from the company). I do find her level of care mediocare. You give her a symptom and she hands you a Rx. I finally figured out after years of my own research what was wrong with me. Up until that point she had prescribed me so many dif medications that were expensive and useless and not addressing the issue. I requested an appt with a specialist - not only did I have to keep calling for months to find out when my appt was but when I finally got there they hadn't sent my records. I was on a medication that I was not reacting well too so I booked an appt and then stood outside for almost half an hour only to find out they were closed for the day. I'm by no means a hypochondriac but things were happen to me a knew weren't normal and she had very almost flippant responses when when I would let her know. And Anna can definitely be moody. You never know if she'll be nice or rude to you that day. Overall it's a pretty disorganized office.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I became dr Matthews patient about 2 years ago, after my previous doctor retired. I keep reading about the vitamins she supposedly pushes on patients and I have never, ever been approached by her or her staff about it. She keeps pushing vitamin D :) but not to buy from her just to make sure you take it. My kids like her, she's very warm and attentive, she does smile a lot, but I didn't realize that people would have a problem with that. She was late once, and that was quite a long wait, but over all I don't experience out of the ordinary wait time. My previous doctor was on schedule, but he only did about 10 min per patient, when the 10 mins were up, he would literally get up and start walking you to the door. Whether you had all questions answered or not, so I find it refreshing that I don't feel rushed out the door until I am ready. Mind you I try to take as little time as possible, knowing other patients are waiting. I only had positive experience with Ana, she always greets you with the smile, is very efficient. Very happy to be a patent there.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Mathews for about 17 years. I'm generally a healthy individual so frequent visit to the doctors were never nesessary. Every time I've come for an appointment she has been over an hour late. When ever I had an issue with anything all she does is look at you and nod with a smile. She's honestly useless! She's super unorganized with results which in this industry is it's something patients need to be on top of. When I was having issues with one of my joints she tried to tell me that I needed to drop a few pounds meanwhile I'm an athlete who trains 5 times a week, 125lbs and I'm 5'6. I've recently changed doctors after she realized that one of my test came back abnormal after 2.5 years. If the issue had been properly taken care of initially I wouldn't be dealing with what I'm dealing now. Also she's money hungry and uses her profession as a way to sell her vitamins to clients. Every time you go in she tries to sell you overpriced vitamins. As a doctor you should be recommending clients to get vitamins trough proper nutrition not through vitamins that are capped in plastic. Terrible doctor. I know the options aren't great out there but if you are a patient of hers just make sure to stay on top of her with results to avoid any surprises or surgeries that could have been avoided if results hadn't of gone unnoticed.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017