Ratings for Dr. Tina Matthews

Bad experience. Rude receptionist. Never on time and never returns phone calls

flag | Submitted December 7, 2018

Have been going to Dr. Matthews for over 15 years. She has always been helpful and is a wonderful doctor and person. My daughter is also a patient and everytime she visits declares...you know I love Dr. Matthews! Love Anna! She definitey takes and talks no b.s.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Anna is rude and ignores the patients when they come in. She always talks on the phone about her personal life when the waiting room is crowded with people waiting to get in. I always book my appointments for the very first appointment of the day, or so they tell me that it’s the very first, but when i get there i have to wait over an hour to get in and it’s only for a prescription refill

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

I stopped going to her years ago since 1. she tried to sell me on selling the vitamins, 2. Anna is the worst person to work in customer service (even when she answers the phone she sounds angry), 3. I made my last appointment first thing in the morning and both Anna and Tina were late and since she moved to a smaller office space, I had to wait outside in the dead winter of January. Nobody apologized or even cared. I would never go back to this doctor if she was the last one left.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

You might as well just go to a walk-in. It will take less time. I'm pretty sure the office schedules like 5 appointments for the same time. If your office is chronically 1+ late you NEED more than 6 seats in your closet sized waiting room. Last heads up, need a form filled out? Most doctors charge 20-50 per page. She charges 80 per page.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

She is a fabulous doctor, however, I did stop going to see her in the last year when it became more and more cumbersome to first, get and appointment, and second, when I did get and appointment, I would have to wait for an hour for 5 minutes of Dr. Matthews time, not to mention having Anna knocking on the door, are you kidding me, I just waiting an hour and now I get the knock on the door. Half of the time, I have noticed when I would go in, there would be no one in the waiting room, personally, I think she is losing her clientele because she charges for every little thing and "one problem per visit", who has time for that??? She is losing patients because patients are fed-up of the poor treatment and paying out of pocket for treatment! I starting sing walk-in clinics, at least they are quick and get what you need!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I was a patient of Dr Matthews years ago and I had to change as the service I received from her and Anna was horrible. The location that I received my first tattoo was under investigation and we were all asked to take HIV and Hepatitis tests I was 19 at the time and very scared when my results came in I was worried and stressed when Anna called me to say the results were in I asked her if I had anything to worry about she said that I had traces of hepatitis and I said what does that mean she then told me it was like having HIV but not AIDS... I then had an appt with Dr Matthew who explained because of my hepatitis vaccination I have traces in my blood like all young people my age...imagine my surprise that Anna still works there. i also remember always having to wait for Dr Matthews in the mornings as she was always late I now go to Patient Networks and Dr. So is wonderful!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

I am so incredibly happy that I have switched my physician and no longer have Dr. Matthews anymore. I would schedule myself to have the first appointment of the day, and it would still take almost 30 minutes to an hour to be seen with zero apologies. It seemed like they scheduled about 5 other people at the same time. The waiting room has very few seats, resulting in you having to wait outside or stand or the cramped messy space. I could almost NEVER reach the receptionist by phone - when I did, she would refuse to call the pharmacy for me but would insist that I call the pharmacy to have them give her a call. Despite having a clean bill of health and a clear pap test, I would have to come in to have my birth control prescription renewed. The office quickly became FULL of advertisements for "wellness" aka vitamins that could be purchased at their office. I always felt like I was being sold something which was incredibly uncomfortable. Whenever I did have any concerns, I felt like they were ignored. I needed to have a form filled out for work in which all she did was sign it and then charge me $45 cash (no cash machine on premises). Do yourself a favour: change your doctor.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

Love Dr. Tina Rose Matthews. She is a Great Listener!!! I would highly recommend her!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I have had Doctor Matthews for my Family Doctor since 1987, lately its a pain to go to see her, I am on a strict medication routine for these issues, I called in after not going to see her for 6 months, to ask to have her put a few extra roll outs for my prescription and I was told i would get only a weeks worth. She said "I cannot renew it until you come in for your yearly visit" I told her, my condition hasn't changed, but the added stress of having to call in sick at work, just to get an appointment, she works like 9-4 and I work 10-6 but commute 2 hours one way. She is like "Sorry these are my hours". Personally I like Dr. Matthews she has always been friendly and courteous and her medical knowledge is good. She does generally care about me. But her drive for $$$ is I think what keeps her going, not her desire to serve her patients. Every time I go there it costs me money, 40 bucks a page for sick letters... Doesn't accept CC or Cheques, cash only. Another issue i have is that its really hard to like someone who goes out of their way not to work with you. I am seeking another family doctor through my family as i cannot keep missing work to meet with her. If she was just more flexible and patient orientated, it might be a good thing.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017