Ratings for Dr. Catherine O'Connor

Could be better. Positive Reviews are more about the office admin Gail than this physician. Just switching now. Lot's of choice in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Dr. O'Connor is very professional, diligent, knowledgeable, very compassionate. She is a good listener and takes the time to address all the concern during your appointment. Gail is kind, compassionate and always helpful with follow-up and making appointment. They compliment each other and its always a pleasure dealing with both of them. I feel very grateful to have them both take care of my and my family in our time of needs.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Dr. O'Connor is professional, diligent, thorough, caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgable. I fully trust that my family and I have and will receive the best care with Dr.O'Connor as our physician. She takes the time to listen and address our concerns at each of our appointments. Gail is extremely kind and helpful when booking appointments and providing information when there is a need to see a specialist. Our family is extremely thankful to have Dr. O'Connor as our doctor and hope that we will be in her care for many years to come.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

I understand people's frustrations about Dr. O'Connor "spreading herself thin", but in this day and age, a doctor is very much overworked (and underpaid) and she is definitely overworked. Dr. O'Connor does everything from being a general practitioner to handling palliative care. She has many "hats". However, when you see her at an appointment, she tries to cover every issue/concern that you may have. If she cannot address a concern, she is quick to come up with a solution, or to find one. I am thankful that I have the privilege of having her as my physician. Also, thanks to her trusty "sidekick", Gail, who has the patience of a saint. These two make an awesome team.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Dr O'Connor means well but she is not a reliable doctor at all. At least half of my appointments are cancelled on no notice. She doesn't fill out required referrals or tests properly or on time resulting in unacceptable delays in care. When you are in an appointment with her she is rushing you out before you sit down and is always preoccupied with another patient's "emergency". She is not informed about the drugs she prescribes - on several occasions has flat out told me I am wrong when I have presented her with facts from the drug manufacturer. Dr O'Connor cares for all her patients but she needs to prioritize her practice or give it up. She is causing too much harm to others by spreading herself so thin. I really like her and hate to give her a terrible review, but there have been several times where her negligence has severely impacted my family.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

best doctor around in my eyes ..very compassionate.. gail excellent at triage.. good pair

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. O'Connor is a very compassionate and caring physician. I appreciate that she will give me her full attention when I am in her office. She also will help me with multiple issues in one visit instead of making me book multiple appointments. And the receptionist, Gail, is fantastic. She's one of the best multitaskers I have ever met.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Dr. O'Connor is very thorough and offers comprehensive medical care. She is very current in her knowledge; moderate in her approach; and extremely caring.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2014