Ratings for Dr. Owen White

This doctor's practice is a money grabbing scam. I showed up on time for an appointment and checked in at the front desk, but had to wait an unreasonably long period of time. Eventually I had to leave before even seeing the doctor as I had to go to work. Not long after I received a $40 bill in the mail for a no-show, which has since been transferred to a collection agency. I'm receiving threatening letters and calls saying I will owe even more money if I don't pay. This is blatant extortion and is highly unethical.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Amazing doctor!! Very helpful and listened to me instead assuming I was somthing im not! Amazing Doctor! I now am sure I can actually recover from my blood clot!!! Will hopefully become my permeant doctor. Staff is very over worked and busy and come across poorly although id say it is from working so hard.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Dr. White is an amazing doctor but her staff is horrible. A lady named Renee read my test results in front of other patients! I believe that is against the rules. I could not believe it!!She is so rude and uncaring.!! Dr. White is great but htis lady needs to go!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Dr. White is a fantastic doctor and totally worth the wait. He's so attentive and always asks the right questions to find out what going on. So thankful he's my GP.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr.white is an amazing doctor! I wish he had never left. Glad to hear he is surving BC well :) :).

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I really enjoy seeing Dr. White at the Wheelhouse clinic in Langford, BC. He is kind, knowledgeable , and thorough. The 2-3 hour wait at the clinic on the weekend is worth my time because, like many of us, I don't have a family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Dr White is an amazing Doctor. His assistant is amazing to. The only problem is there is such a shortage of doctors on vancouver island. It seems Dr White tries to help them all which results in long waits. It's hard to get an appointment with him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Wheelhouse is a busy clinic, so you can expect the walkin clinic to be very, very busy. Get there early or you will often have a very long wait and may, in fact, not get seen. The rule of thumb for appointments with your family doc is that you should be seen within 1 week. Dr. White's wait for an appointment is often a couple of weeks for a routine appointment, so his patient load is perhaps too heavy. He is; however, worth the wait. He will always take the time to listen and will often deal with more than one problem during a visit. If you think your problem can't wait, try calling HelpLink 811 for medical advice or head for the VGH ED is your best bet.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

They should never have allowed Dr. White to take on so many patients. He works 3 days a week in the clinic and that is usually a 180 minute wait. He is booking appointments 2 months in advance or you have to wait 180 minutes to see him. I am desperate to see him for a follow-up up do I will be there an hour before the clinic opens to get in line. It's a horrid cattle call system. Fix the clinic waits or book more appointments.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

This is a Veteran friendly Doctor!!!! His diagnosis's are bang on and I get what I need every time. I think he's awesome! He doesn't mess around and gets the job done. I like him a lot.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016