Dr. Marcelo Nascimento, Associate Professor

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marcelo Nascimento, Associate Professor

Dr Nascimento had to perform a surgery on me that I later found out he had little experience with. He was not able to complete the full tas and some things were left incomplete; he was very evasive when discussing this. I don’t think he cares much about his patients. He’s in it for the challenge and for the money. His pricing is high. He hasn’t got the best bedside manner ; he did yell at me once while I was in hospital because I wanted to stay in the hospital for a day longer and he had guest’s coming over on the weekend and didn’t want to have to come in to see me as per procedure. I experienced a fall in the hospital before receiving a transfusion - fainted in the shower when the nurse left me unattended for a second - another male nurse had to hoist me up and this caused a lot of pain - I felt I needed more receivery time before being able to withstand the bumps in the car (it was major surgery and I was perticualrly nervous not having had any surgery before) - the doctor treated me like I was a nuisance. He also lied ans said the did not remove something surgically because it was situated on the cervex and would compromise fertility but post surgeryy scans revealed that these benign tumours wer not located on the cervex; these grew and as a result I had to have another procedure with another doctor to remove these. It would be nice to find a doctor that actually cared and was also a good surgeon. He’s good on the initial consult and it goes downhill from there. The receptionist was not fabulous either - post surgery, I asked her to send throug a prescription as I was fast running out of pain medication - pain was unbearable and I took 6 months as opposed to 6 weeks to recover. The receptionist was rude and treated me like I was being pushy and to get a GP to prescribe the medication. She then called me later that day apologising as she didn’t realise I had such a large procedure and offered to send over the prescriptions for the pain medication - but by this time I had obtained this from a home visit GP.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr Nascimento is not only a highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced doctor, he is also a wonderful person - compassionate, responsive, respectful and extremely professional. Despite of his demanding workload and busy schedule, he genuinely cares about improving his patients' well-being and always makes himself available to answer questions. I have seen many doctors and specialists over the years. Dr Nascimento helped me the most and is by far the best I have consulted. I am grateful to be under the care of Dr Nascimento and have no hesitation in recommending him.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Amazingly gifted surgeon. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Great bedside manner, makes you feel valued as woman. Is extremely knowledgeable about his area. I trusted him immediately.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Marcelo Nascimento, Associate Professor 's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Associate Professor Marcelo Nascimento is the first Gold Coast based Certified Gynaecological Oncologist who also developed the Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) Gynaecologic Oncology Department, which is now nationally and internationally renowned. He received his Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in 1996 and Board Certification in Surgical Oncology in 1999. After a further 3 years of subspecialty training in Gynaecological Oncology in Brisbane and Sydney, he commenced his practice in Brisbane and Gold Coast in January 2008. A/Professor Marcelo Nascimento is currently attending his private Gynaecologic Oncology practice at Pindara Specialist Suites and is the Head of the Gynaecologic Oncology Department at the Gold Coast University Hospital. He is also Associate Professor Griffith University Medical School since May 2014, actively contributing for the development of medical students in our community. His specialty areas of interest include: • Abnormal Pap Smears, colposcopy, and treatment of pre-cancer lesions; • Laparoscopic surgery for both benign, complex benign and malignant conditions; • Sentinel lymph node biopsy for staging of female genital tract malignancies; • Treatment of women with early, advanced, or recurrent cancers of the ovaries, uterus, cervix, vagina, or vulva; • Radical/advanced surgery for gynaecological malignancies; • Fertility-preserving surgery; • Familial / hereditary cancer screening and preventive surgery. Contact for appointments: Tel: 07 5564 5110 Fax: 07 5564 5173 Email: reception@drnascimento.com.au