Ratings for Dr. Doranna Rana Christenson

Belittled me for going into labor and making her miss a "meeting" while I was pushing baby out.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Dr. Christenson was very knowledgable and she took the time to really listen to me. It is unusual to not feel rushed, but she took all the time I needed. I am going to use her again.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

I would call Dr. Christenson a "women's health doctor" as she does focus on more than OB/GYN issues, which is one of the reasons I like going to her. She takes a holistic approach to your health, and looks at all areas. While I still see a primary care doctor, she is very knowledgeable about other areas and at least gives me a starting point for conversation with my other doctors.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I had a good experience with Dr. Christenson. She always answered my 101 questions at each visit with my first pregnancy. She was knowledgable and showed genuine concern. Although my birth plans did not go as planned, Dr. Christenson was supportive (I was going to be induced but later changed my mind) of my decision and came in the middle of the night and delivered my baby. He is healthy and doing well. In regards to her staff, they were always friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

This doctor was incompetent, and unhelpful, to say the least. I had to do my own research to make sure procedures were being done that needed to be done. Through research, I found she was not doing her job. I had a high-risk pregnancy and she failed to take appropriate precautions to insure a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. In the end, her actions caused an emergency c-section that could easily been avoided. Luckily, my baby and I are healthy, but because of her actions, she could have easily killed my baby during delivery. For instance, we had discussed me having an epidural before she broke my water, but instead, she seemed irritated at the nurses and broke my water, without the epidural. This resulted in an emergency c-section with general anestesia. We had just minutes to spare before my baby would have suffocated. I could give many more details, but in essence, her care before and during delivery were sub-standard. I would caution anyone to stay away from her.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

I am currently looking for a new Doc. I agree completely with what the first poster said. She asks questions that are none of her business. her bedside manner is terrible. She acts like she is inconvenienced by my pressence. I asked her how my lab tests came back if I needed a better Iron suppliment and she goes "Fine I guess" like she had no freaking idea if she doesnt know who would? They've changed my appointment times without telling me and I told her I was really ill she looked at me like I was lying. This is my first baby I dont know what to expect and she is just not going to tell me or help me at all. If you've had a litter of kids shes fine but if you want someone to care avoid her.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2008

The Dr. focussed on many things that were not relevant to the issue I went to see her for. I felt that she asked too many questions which weren't her business and weren't related to my health. At times, she seemed condescending and didn't really listen to my concerns.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2007

The first practice that I have felt comfortable at, and that they are there to help me and not just to make a buck.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2006