Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Howard

very good Dr, she is patient and kind. thats what we think of her. My name is Phyllis Lefrancois am using my friend pc

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Dr. Howard took me and many other patients, and then suddenly quit her practice. Took very little time when I was with her for first appointment, all of seven minutes. Did not seem willing to listen to me at all even though I am fairly informed about my condition. Thankfully I did not have files sent from my specialist to her as they would have been sent to a closed practice. Have to begin Doctor search again, did I possibly miss a chance for a doctor because I signed on with her? As with other posts here, found her terse...if one is to extend trust to a doctor, then doctor should reciprocate, and, I did not feel Dr. Howard extended trust.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010

I only saw this doctor twice. I found her ad in the paper that she was accepting new patients so called for an appointment. I went in with a printout from my pharmacy listing all the medications I take. She was nto happy with this and insisted that I should have taken the bottles. I made a second appointment and went with the bottles this time. She looked at them all and gave me repeats on everything she thought I needed. She looked at the printout from my blood pressure cuff and immediately discontinued one of my medications. Not a good idea! When I asked about a followup appointment she was very evasive and now I know why. It seems she has left town again. from talking to others I have learned that this is typical of her. I found her a little odd but certainly did not expect her to get out of 'Dodge' without notice. Here I am again with no doctor. I am not sure why she cholse to leave but reading some of the ratings here it is apparently not a surprise. Is this acceptable behaviour?

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Once again, this doctor has quit her practice, leaving her patients out in the cold. Don't bother submitting a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, as they will back this doctor's continuing bad behaviour. Apparently a doctor can open and close a practice multiple times, without notice, as long as they put a notice in the paper 2 weeks after the fact. My advice, next time she opens an office, BOYCOTT. Do not sign up with her not matter how desperate you are for a doctor, as soon as you have more than two appointment, she will leave you searching for another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

My parents just moved to town and had an appointment today. They arrived only to find the office permanently closed and had been for 3 weeks. No one called. This office was open for only a month. This is not the professional behaviour one would expect of a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

This Physician has once again shut her practice on her patients. After one appointment with her I observed her to be nervous and unstable. I strongly urge even the most desperate of patients to seek care elsewhere if she happens to open her practice again.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

I was a patient of hers when she opened her practice and I called to book an appointment only to find she closed her practice without releasing this to her patients.Thanks alot, now I have a list of huge medical problems and no Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

I went to visit her at her new practice in North Bay and found her office unsanitary. I even found her to be a little greasy. She sure is stuck in the 60's and i think she brought her office and receptionist back in the 60's with her. She's weird but nice.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

this doctor is an enigma, apparently she is from North Bay, but she was a hospitalist in Owen Sound in 2008. She cared for my mom following a heart attack, great at first, but became rather terse & argued with the cardiologist in my presence. Her manner was strange, very hippie 60's, got the impression, because of Mom's age, it was release, find a nursing home for her. She was not impressed that mom was coming to live with me until her choice of retirement home was available. I explained I had a nursing background & could care for her. please note there was no staff therefor the negatives

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009