Ratings for Dr. Marcia Tsimboukis

Told me I didn't "look" depressed (as if all people who experience depression have the exact same symptoms) and that I was fine because I was managing to make it to work. This was just after asking me if I felt like life was worthwhile and meaningful and I said no. Said that depressed people actually stay in bed all day and that I didn't do that, without asking me if it was something I did. She kept quoting classical philosophy as if that would be somehow helpful. She kept focusing on my anxiety when I specifically said I was there to discuss my mood/depression and am fairly capable at managing my anxiety symptoms. I saw her twice for two very short appointments. She gave me "homework" which she didn't actually discuss with me in the second appointment. I left feeling really angry and upset that I wasn't being listened to. I saw her quite a while ago and am still really frustrated about the experience. Please do not see this person as I believe she has the possibility to do more harm than good.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Very judgemental stern psychologist, kept asking why my parents aren't helping me out if they are rich. Quote "They must be rich if they pay that much for your sister's schooling...why aren't they supporting you." I would stay right clear of that if you want fair treatment.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014