Ratings for Dr. Matthew M. Tignor

Outstanding "old fashioned" MD who takes his time with people and is actually an EXPERT in his field. Don't let the wait times in his office fool you. He's THAT good.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Dr. Tignor' staff were friendly and personable. I didn't see the doctor until 11/2 hours after my appointment time. His bedside manner was horrible! After being ill for 6 weeks, I was told my symptoms were rehearsed and I was looking for attention. I would never recommend him to anyone! What I want is a doctor who will listen and help me feel better....didn't find that here!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Dr. Tignor was very unprofessional, he has a very bad bedside manner and was in a huge rush. He didn't take any time to get to know me or care what I had to say whatsoever. He never bothered to order any labs or do any tests on me even though I had over 20 symptoms, he told me there was nothing wrong with me and I found out later from another doctor that I did in fact have a chronic infection. I would never return or recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

His staff was really good to fit me in to his schedule instead of making me wait two weeks for an appointment. This is why he runs behind schedule. Dr. Tignor is my hero! I had seen 5 different doctors each with a different treatment before finally seeing Dr. Tignor who cured my infection.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

He came highly recommended from my doctor's office secretary. I was very disappointed in how bad he was. Hr never weighed me or took my blood pressure. He was rude and didn't seem to care at all about me or what I've been through. I would never recommend him to anyone, ever!!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Tignor uses a list of canned questions to diagnose. Within a two week period and with the file in front of him, he cannot remember details, like "do you smoke". He is impersonal and treats you like you just a number. This is the first medical office I've been to where they don't even have a scale, but resort to asking you every time you visit, "how much do you weigh?" BP is taken, however, they don't even take or record a temp. That alone is a hallmark of sloppy and substandard care. Every time that I have been to the office, even though I have a fairly early appointment, I have waited 1.5 to 2 hours. On my first appointment I thought the wait was a sign of being thorough...I was very, very wrong. -

flag | Submitted April 22, 2012

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

He was extremely knowledgeable, but we waited 3-4 hours after our scheduled appointment time to see him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2006

Dr. Matthew M. Tignor's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1976)