Ratings for Dr. Lynn Giroux

Was told I "most likely have MS" by an assistant on the cosmetic side (not a nurse or a doctor), then the doctor didn't have time to see me so I spent months worrying about this until another doctor confirmed that my symptoms were not at all like MS. This is an unprofessional place.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I had a cyst removed in 2014. I called for insurance purposes to get some results(3 years later as they had not called me about anything) they couldn't find my records. They said they spoke with Dr. Giroux and she denied ever removing the cyst. When I told them I had it removed at her clinic they once again told me I had in fact not had it removed at that clinic. I decided to check my records. I found a VISA statement with the date that the removal occurred. When I called back they told me to wait. They miraculously found the records. No apology, no explanation, no taking ownership. I felt so upset. They made me feel like a piece of dirt. They implied that I was making the whole thing up. I think someone would remember where they had a piece of their body taken out and by whom. She is the only dermatologist in Sudbury, she and her team are not GODs but yet they know people are limited so they project their heavy work load and displeasure onto patients. I would rather drive 4hrs to Toronto than ever see her again. I know other people feel this way but again, they a stuck with her and her self righteous attitude.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

My son was on acutane for 5 months. A known side effect is depression and suicidal thoughts. As being a mom with a history of depression and my mother who had suicided years ago I was naturally concerned when my son came to me and said his mood was low, sleeping poorly , lack of appetite and said he feels like giving up. He also had severe dry skin. Naturally I made an appointment with Dr. Giroux. One of her stag came in was very pleasant and tried to be helpful. She said she would send the dr in when she left the room. She came back and said the St agreed with what she had recommended to us, and the dr was not going to come in. Really? With what we went in there for with a significant concern as feeling of hopelessness you would think being the prescribing dr she would like to follow up with concern. When the dr came into the room, she was obviously annoyed that she had to come in as I requested to her staff that I'd like to discuss this with her. She was even rubbing her eyes, rolling her eyes in annoyment. After numerous time telling her we would not ever give our son the acutane again, she continued to say our son could continue to take the acutane once a week!! She became defensive when I asked questions about blood work. "I have been doing this for a long time!" I was assured by my son and husband present I was not being rude or challenging. I have never been so disgusted by a physicians behaviour and I'm a nurse at a hospital! We will never go back to her nor refer her to anyone! So disappointed. It's a good thing that I'm aware of other forms of care available like our gp and psychiatrists available. Which we are following up with.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

I guess they played a joke on me and I don't know what the joke is. They made me wait 1 1/2 hour in one of her room before being seen by her. I was the second patient to come in for 1:00 p.m. and then the waiting room filled up. I could hear everyone else come and go from the other rooms then after 1 1/2 hour of wait and she seen me, when I went back to the waiting room all the patients that were there, were gone. I guess the jokes on me. I don't know why they thought this was a joke, I wasn't laughing. I don't ever want to be referred to this doctor ever again.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016