Ratings for Dr. Dubravka Diksic

I waited 12.5 hours in the ER waiting room to see her because my son had a fever of 105 and had been having a fever of over 102 for 6 days straight at the time. We were managing it with medicine, but whenever the medicine was wearing off, his fever was spiking up. They had taken his temperature in the waiting room and it was 105 THERE, so they had proof of this. He had no other symptoms. Obviously I was concerned so I took him in and she was very rude and cold. She said they don't care about temperatures or how high they are, it doesn't matter. She said it's a virus and that he probably caught another virus on the back of that one. This makes very little sense as he's been home from school for a week already, where would he have caught a second virus? And she ordered a lung xray because she said he had a cough, because he coughed once while she was examining her. I told her that he hadn't been coughing very much. Anyway the x-ray was clear. So they sent us home and said it's a virus and he'll recover in time on his own. I asked if we could have a Dr's note since he already missed a week of school and my husband and I were both having to miss work at various times during this and she said they don't give Dr's notes, just an attestation that we were there that day (it was the weekend). I asked if they could give him medicine since it'd been over 6 hours since his last dose and we were waiting for my husband to get there so we could leave. She said well the nurses are very busy, if you want to be put on the list for a dose of medicine, I'll do it, but it's going to be a while. Anyway I will never take my child to the Montreal Children's again for risk of seeing her again. Worst doctor even! My son is only 5 years old and she could care less how high is fever is. Unbelievable!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

She is really knowledgeable , she explained everything right to the T and was super friendly ! I love her

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

best doctor we have ever had! she was kind, helpful, and really made our experience enjoyable.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

She saw my fourteen-month old really quickly during a visit to the ER. She was patient, thorough and very human. She ordered an x-ray and when the wait for that was too long, she went to speak to the technician to speed things up. She reassured us and treated our whole family with respect. She was also very gentle with my daughter. Thank you :)

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Very unprofessional, rude and cold. My 10 month old baby returned to the hospital because he had 40.5 fever, she complained because according to her I just needed to give him "time to process the two viruses" he had. As my sister suggested (she is a very good doctor in her country), I expressed her my concern for the blood test results because they were abnormal and showed that my baby had a bacteria... She said that the information was wrong and that she was going to do the test just because I wanted, not because she think he nedeed it. After waiting 3 hours for a blood test, I decided to go home. Next day we went to the Sainte-Justine and I was right, my baby had a bacteria who caused pneumonia and needed to be treated with antibiotics..... If it is for her, my baby would be dead. It is good that I followed my maternal instinct and went to another hospital without hiding the fever with advil and tylenol, as they did. Dubravka should be more human in order to be a "better" doctor, if it is possible. Now that Im reading other reviews, I don't understand why the famous Montreal Children's Hospital, has this unprofessional dr (if you can give her the title) at the ER. Maria Elisa Gomez

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Was rude, cold and tried to sound as if she was better then you. She dismissed anything I had to say and apparently didn't care about any information I had. Gave off the impression she didn't want to be their and that she was better then everyone else. Our problem was not resolved and created more problems then we already had.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Awful doctor, had very limited knowledge of my condition and began to test for completley unrelated things, some of which I had already been tested for. She was unable to support her theories, and she did an awful job of answering questions. She also gave of the impression that she wanted to be proven correct.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

She is an awful doctor. We got her in the ER and she did absolutely nothing to help me. It seemed as if she didn't even want to be there. I left the hospital and got even more sick. Hopefully someone will read this and bring it to light.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Knowledgeable, kind and caring when treating our young daughter. Made our experience enjoyable despite being in the ER.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015