Ratings for Dr. Alice Skuben

The Dr was great. I first came in with a toothache and she was very informative and caring. The staff made me feel right at home. I refer friends and family to this office all the time.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

The reception staff is VERY RUDE. They were difficult to deal and seem very impatient. I had appoints scheduled and cancelled that were not made known to me. When I questioned charges, they referred me to my insurance instead of explaining the services to me. They put me on Hold and cut the line when I brought it to their attention that their scheduling needed improvement.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

The staff was sooo rude and unprofessional. They charge you more than what you have to pay and LIE on your face. BEWARE!! If you do go, make sure you know exactly what you are paying..you might be in for a surprise otherwise.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Dr. Skuben never explained the procedure before doing it (the receptionist was the one to inform me that I was having an extraction - and that it would cost me $150 - found out later it was covered by insurance). A different doctor (younger & less experienced) came in to do the extraction, he hardly spoke to me. He gave me four injections - kept hitting the wrong spot -and I still wasn't numb. I had to beg for pain meds the next day over the phone. The Dr. would not see me when several days later I was in excruciating pain (dry socket) &she called in a prescription that I was allergic to (I told her about my allergies on the phone). My appointment lasted 2 1/2 hrs. Had I been given appropriate after-care instructions, I could have avoided dry socket. The office is in poor shape (with no modern equipment) and is located next to a "massage parlor". Also, instead of being reassuring, I heard them *yelling*, "OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!" to a fearful child in the next room.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009