Ratings for Dr. Jody H. Boyles

Absolutely awful bedside manners, very arrogant and rude. I felt attacked when I saw this woman. Her hygienist was unprofessional as well. I told her I was having a problem with one of my teeth, and she simply said 'Sometimes it can feel like one tooth, but it's actually another.' She dropped equipment not once, but twice. She also wasn't careful around areas that I told her I was worried about while she was cleaning my teeth. When I talked to Jody, she made me feel like a fool. I asked her if there were any other options besides getting my tooth pulled, and she said 'You could do nothing. Just leave it.' What kind of dentist recommends that? Then she told me that I could get a second opinion if I wanted, but 'let me do the work on your teeth first, then I'd be happy to send your X-Rays wherever you want.' After I left to schedule my next appointment (for the removal of a tooth that she recommended and said needed done soon), I was scheduled for 4 separate appointments for the removal and other work.. 5 months from my initial appointment. I asked the ladies at the front desk if the appointment dates were right, because Jody made it seem like my tooth needed to come out soon. After I asked, another one of the secretaries said 'oh, we have an opening next Wednesday if you want to get it pulled then.' At that point, I felt like the place was a total scam. Why schedule my appointment for so far away if they had openings the next Wednesday? I told her that I would just find another place. So I got a second opinion at a more reputable dentist. This dentist told me that my tooth was indeed in bad shape, but that it was NOT necessary for it to be pulled. She recommended that it wouldn't hold up forever, but that it was totally possible to keep my tooth. Jody made it sound like I had no other options besides to get it pulled. Please be careful before going to this dentist. The whole place felt like a scam, and I believe Jody just wanted to milk as many appointments/money out of me as she could. She also wouldn't send my X-Ray's to my new dentist when I told her that I needed them sent as soon as possible. She said I needed to come in before she could do that. The dentist that I had for years before seeing Jody never made me come in, they simply sent my old X-Rays directly to Jody's office. (My other dentist is in another state, which is where I currently live, so it would have been very hard for me to make the trip within a day's time.)

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I believe she wants to make money by giving everyone fillings wether they need them or not. Reccommend you see another dentist for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

I was extremely nervous about having a tooth pulled (at my request), she was very understanding and patient. I was very pleased with her skill & compassion. Will definitley go again!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

NOT!!!!!1 a good dentist. She is unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

while working on me ,she told me she and I quote: did not like working on me! This was my very first visit. I was in very very bad pain because I have gingivitus and infection. She gave me no medicine for infection. She was very unprofessional when she said what she said. She did not care how much it was hurting me, she had no compassion. Why would any dentist talk to a patient like she did! The staff treated me better than she did.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010