Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Lichter

worst experience...the work was not done well..i still have pain in the filling...bad customer service...they have a real issue with time and time management...i waited 2 hors to see the dentist at my first appoinment... them i waited another 2 hours plus 45 mns in the dentist chair..still no dentist or anybody came to check on me...i finally had enough and walked out..no boby on the staff cared for my complaint and didnt seem concern at all..the staff is rude and condecending... i wouldnt recommend this dr to anyone i know not even my worst ennemy... stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

To be fair, Dr. Lichter is actually a very good dentist. I have been going to him for about 8 years. Over the past two years the quality of his care has dropped dramatically. When you book an appointment you may see him or a random fill in doctor without notice. The staff is downright unpleasant. The reality is this - the office has turned into a mill. Had my last appointment recently for a "deep cleaning" which I now know was entirely unnecessary after a second opinion. Cost is $100 in addition to insurance payment. Again, the place is a mill. Have not seen Dr. Lichter over the last two appointments, only fill ins (for about 30 seconds at a time). Sad.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

So I have been Dr. Lichter's patient for about a year and half. I have seen him a total of three times. Two of these times were last year in 2011 which were for general checkup, tooth cleaning as well as a filling. This year I came in for my check up and was told by the dental hygienist that I a 24 year old male had some deep periodontal pockets and would need a deep cleaning which would not be covered by my insurance, which would cost me $200 out of pocket. Afterwards Dr. Lichter inspected my mouth for a total of what seemed like 30 seconds and told me that I should come in more often for regular checkups. Afterwards I decided to go get a second opinion from my mother's out of network dentist who told me that while I did have some pockets, it was not that advanced and would certainly not require a deep cleaning. All in all I've learned that the things said about Dr. Lichter are true, he really is after your money.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

I enjoyed my visit just hated waiting an hour to see him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

He is untrustworthy. He tells you that you need unnecessary work done and then the work that he does is subpar. He ruined one of my teeth so that I need a root canal. His staff is rude and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Do NOT go here. I repeat do NOT go here. This guy and his office staff are CROOKS! They will tell you that you need services that are not covered by insurance when you do NOT need them! They tell you to come back for a cavity to fill, all of sudden you have 3. This guy is a CROOK and I am reporting him! I got suckered into one payment and paid. They then sent me a bill for the same thing claiming I didn't pay. When I called I had to argue for 10 minutes with the staff and told them I will be reporting them and they hung up on me - I guess they knew they got caught here. I will tell you again, STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

very pleasant experience..the doctor and staff were extremely helpful to my needs. I recommend this office highly.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

he ruined my tooth to get me pay money for root canal

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010