Ratings for Dr. David McCauley

I found Dr McAuley very knowledgeable with an excellent bedside manner, so was very surprised to read the other negative reviews. I can only repeat how happy I was with the whole experience of my appointment. He spent a lot of time explaining what he was doing and what other tests he thought would be worthwhile. He was very thorough and thoughtful. I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

Dr McAuley, has helped myself and my family more than any other specialist that I have seen.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2018

I was worried after reading the comments on here but after my visit to see him I found him to be very understanding and thorough with his assessment. He does seem like the kind of doctor that doesn't take nonsense and is very straight to the point but he is the best I have seen so far (first neuro however) and I am happy to be under his care.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

I read some of the comments here and in my opinion he would be the best doctor I have ever seen, yes not a great bedside manner but he just wants to get on with his job and diagnose. I watch Doc Martin on tv and he is the same, blunt and to the point on hand. All I can say what a wonderful doctor, no fluffy bits and a great collection of academic skills. I was looking at getting fixed not pampered and he is perfect.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

The staff is terribly rude ... not organzed.Phone manner is so bad. so unprofessional... .Why my GP refered to him? I haven't seen the Dr. because of a rude , anoying staff. Anyway, The Dr. wouldn't know my symptom (whichi is called MdDS) even the GP didn't know that.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

I'm amazed to see he is still practicing and his bedside manner hasn't improved. I have had numerous health issues throughout my life and have seen predominantly wonderful doctors except for two; one of whom is Dr McCauley. I saw him for childhood epilepsy and without fail I always left his office crying. To this day my mother hates him for how cruel he was to me. He should not be seeing patients, rather he should remain in the background. Appalling manner and not helpful to anyone, least of all an 8 year old who's just developed epilepsy. The fact that I am 45 now and this still remains one of my most traumatic memories (far more traumatic than the epilepsy itself) is very telling.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

rude and super arrogant - talks down to patients. May be a good doctor but has a terrible attitude

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Doctor McClauey can be described as a racist, who refused to answer any of my questions. He even raised his voice at me because I didn't understand what he wanted me to do. When I asked him something, he ignored me and said 'one thing at time' in such a rude manner. He is supposed to be a neurologist but didn't even know much of the medications surrounding neuropathy. He needs to be brought down a peg or two. Also, someone needs to send him to a few communication and etiquette classes as he is in desperate need of them. Please do NOT visit this Neurologist. It's waste of your hard earned money.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014