Ratings for Dr. James Kaufman

As a fellow Acupuncturist I can confidently say that James knows what he is doing when it comes to treating pain! I had chronic and painful hip injury that nobody could help with - not Chiropractors, RMTs and other Acupuncturist. However after 3 treatments with James my hip had improved by 90%. I'm very grateful for his help.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

My treatments with James at Okanagan Acupuncture are a vital part of my mental health care and wellness. James is always genuinely concerned with my well-being and makes adjustments to my treatment as required, depending on what I am dealing with at that time, to help keep me on track. I am grateful for the continued compassion and kindness that I receive at every visit. I look forward to my sessions and always leave feeling relaxed and refreshed. If you have not tried Acupuncture I highly recommend you visit James and his amazing team at Okanagan Acupuncture!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

My first experience with acupuncture was at the Okanagan Acupuncture under the skilled care of Dr. Kaufman. If I had only sought out this relief 4 long years ago for my right hip, back and leg. I almost felt like having a good cry after the very FIRST session... the immense amount of pain that was lifted off me. He understood immediately what the problem was and suggested some things I had not considered ( accompanying bursitis) When I think about the lost time, the grinding pain, the mountains of Naproxen and Flexoril I've ingested, the diminishment of life enjoyment...I cannot believe how things have changed after 6 sessions. I can walk up stairs, get in and out of a car, carry a baby, enter a hot tub, a swimming pool, stand for long periods of time again, even lie in bed comfortably....Dr. Kaufman has given me my life back. I just cannot recommend this highly enough. The staff is kind, considerate and good humoured. I love those ladies! It's a very nice facility and bonus! parking right there! Try it, I guarantee: you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I admit that it was only as a last resort that I contacted James just over a year ago as everything else that I had tried just was not working. My regular physician had given me various prescriptions to try and allieviate the tremendous pain that I was experiencing due to Degenerative Disc Disease of my back coupled with arthritis. Told me that I would just have to accept the fact that I would be on these pain killers for the rest of my days, and that it was just part of getting old. The drugs had little effect, doubled the dosage and the results were such that my personality was changing, still had the pain and quickly becoming a grouchy old man. I went for acupuncture and after just 4 sessions within a two week period I went off the prescription drugs. That was 15 months ago, have thrown away the drugs as will never go back to them. I do a regular monthly session with James, feel just great and have been able to keep more active than I have for years, the pain is gone, no drugs and my wife is happier now that the old grouch is gone. I have no hesitation to recommend this to anyone and everyone who is looking for some kind of relief from the pain such as I experienced. You have nothing to lose except the pain, I cannot praise James enough for what he did for me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

James is an excellent acupuncturist and incredibly knowledgeable and experienced in his field. He was able to understand my symptoms and seemed to know exactly where my pain was. My family doctor had misdiagnosed me and James was able to clarify that it was actually sciatica, based on my symptoms and examining the area. I have had acupuncture before but the results were never as effective as my treatments with James. He really knows his stuff and he is a good listener and has a great sense of humour as well. His staff is also very kind and caring and everyone really makes a point to make sure you feel comfortable and welcome. It's nice to go somewhere you feel cared about as a person! Whether you are dealing with a pain problem or you are just sick of your doctor giving you medications instead of helping you, I recommend James- he is the best!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016